Model XLII Spatial Temporal Oculus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NotSilv, Aug 28, 2015.

1. NotSilv Apprentice

So, I've been working on HJ and finally got around to the Temporal Oculus. My list for this achievement is completely checked off except for the final combine.

I did most of the quests recently and received the quest pieces but some tasks were from quite a while ago (they were still checked off as completed though) and I apparently destroyed those pieces.

Zam lists them as quested or "bought". Is there a vendor similar to the SOD one in the Lobby that will sell you back any of the components if you happened to delete/lose them? Or am I stuck redoing the respective tasks for the missing pieces? I couldn't find any good info on this unfortunately :confused:

SOF was one of my least favorite xpacs so I'm not looking forward to redoing any of these :(
  2. Kacman Augur

Tavid Dennant in the guild lobby will sell you the pieces you destroyed. If he does not list them, then you will need to petition to get them back.

I did have to petition because I destroyed many years ago and the quests were not repeatable.
    NotSilv likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

Have you used /output to get some text files of all your stuff and searched those for item names?

After that, you can petition to be told to reacquire those items through gameplay.
    NotSilv likes this.
  4. NotSilv Apprentice

Thanks for the responses!

I did check him first - no dice :(

I was able to narrow it down to one item (of a few) which is not able to be obtained again (non-repeatable task) and it's not anywhere so... looking forward to 're-obtaining an unobtainable item through gameplay'. :D

Petition is in... hopefully I emphasized "NOT repeatable" task I did a bazillion years ago enough to get the point across!
    Iila likes this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You're sure you have not already made the combine that uses that item right?
  6. Naugrin Augur

Speaking from experience, don't forget to check your house.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think that was the point of the earlier comment about "/output" from Lila, but there's a syntax error and some additional info missing, so here goes, for those who don't know:

EQ has a command line function called "/outputfile" which will print game data to a file on your PC disk. It uses a default filename (with your char name in it), or you can specify something else. The command options for "/outputfile" are inventory, guild, raid, spells, guildbank, realestate, and guildhall. All pretty self-explanatory, and most of them very useful. For the guildhall and guildbank parameters, you have to be in your guild hall. I don't remember if the realestate parameter requires you to be in the neighborhood zone, but I'm thinking not.

So a combo of inventory, realestate, and guildhall/guildbank should find the item for you. If it's not in any of those (and not with Tavid Dennant), then it's gone, and needs to be petitioned, if the quest is not repeatable.

Tat
  8. Addikeys Elder

While I have been no stranger to criticism of soe/dbg, I was pleasantly surprised that my petition was granted in a very similar circumstance. I went back to complete the Baron Yosig's Skeleton HJ achievement and discovered that I had already done everything years ago except the final combine. Sadly, a quest or two in that chain are not repeatabled and the appropriate quest pieces were long gone. Thus, no Baron Yosig's Skeleton and no HJ. I petitioned (with specific details of the problem and included a screen shot of everything completed but the final part). A handful of days later, the achievement was granted, the Baron Yosig's Skeleton mask was in my inventory, and I was on to the next HJ task (as there's nothing left for me to do in EQ).

So, thank you very much dbg for granting my petition. Interestingly enough, I never received an email (in game or otherwise) or tell from dbg regarding my petition, which lowered my expectations. I didn't have high hopes and was delighted that it worked.

tl;dr petition, it just might work for you as it did for me.
    NotSilv and Iila like this.
  9. NotSilv Apprentice

Yep. ;)

Thanks for sharing... gives me some hope! I didn't put a SS with it since I think that GM's can check your achievements but maybe I'll go back and add one since it hasn't gotten a response yet. I still have some other HJ tasks to do so at least I'm not just sitting around waiting on a petition to finish :D
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Your situation was actually completely different, and the GM should not have just given it to you. Baron Yosig's Skeleton is from Seeds of Destruction (SoD), and all of the component rewards from that expansion (and only from that expansion) are available on Tavid Dennant after you have completed that quest but do not posess it or combined result of it. I almost wonder if the GM just went and bought the components from Tavid and did the combine.

The OP's situation though really can only be solved by a GMs action; unless he has not destroyed many items since he originally did those tasks on the off chance that it might be in the recovery tab of a merchant; in which case they will direct him to the tokens of reclamation in the marketplace. If he gets a nice GM who is in a good mood, then that GM might check the OP's flags and verify that he cannot get the quest in question again and then give him the missing piece.
    By chance, did you try doing the Rise of the Machines quest just on the off chance that it gives you the item if you do not have the item, a combined version of it, or the aug?
  11. NotSilv Apprentice

Yes, and no deal. The piece I'm missing is the one from the task before that from Bob's quest line (did it years ago, thus why I deleted the item at the time). I did Rise of the Machines a week ago and didn't get it. I guess I could try it again and see but I think I'm stuck. I'll try it tomorrow just in case though. Thanks for the tip :)
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It was a long shot. I would really think that there has to be something in game that would let you get those items; but it has been forever and I don't remember if the Dev's added in anyone in the SoF zones for that. You might check the clockwork gnomes by the catapult.
  13. NotSilv Apprentice

I had checked the gnomes too - they don't sell them. That would have been a good idea to put them there though.

Just wanted to give a quick update... GM gave me a task reward pop up box for the missing piece while I was asleep! Just completed the Oculus. :D Good to know that they will indeed still help hassle free in these scenarios.
  14. Addikeys Elder

That's a good distinction Xianzu. I had completely forgotten about Tavid holding onto SOD quest items. After checking, all I can say is "so many Timeshear fragments...." That's gonna save me some time.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

For the Timeshear; I say pick a color, do the combine if you can, if you can't then do the tasks that are missing, and once you have done the combine save the item in your bank; then that color should not reappear on Tavid.
    NotSilv likes this.
  16. RPoo Augur

When I was going through the old tasks I decided that it was faster to just redo them opposed to waiting for petitions. There was only one spot I had to petition from something in hills of shade where I couldn't get a piece I needed through gameplay. Tavid was a blessing.
    NotSilv likes this.