Mob buffs/dispelling them

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xirtket, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Xirtket Augur

Some of the mobs in these heroic adventures come with quite a few buffs on them, are some of them flagged to NOT be dispellable? or was there a ninja abashi nerf?
  2. Axxius Augur

Too lazy to just look up those buffs and see if they are dispellable or not? ;)
  3. Caudyr Augur

If they can't be dispelled with that...they may be able to with that ranger spell that works a little differently from how normal dispels do (IIRC it does, anyway). It doesn't always get everything, but if it's dispellable (and beneficial), then it should be able to take it out...even if Abashi's can't.
  4. Xirtket Augur

You wanna research all the buffs they use? be my guest.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bixie raid mob and I'm assuming the mission is the same have undispellable buff, but there are other ways to get rid of that buff...not gonna give you any spoilers.

If you think the buffs should be dispellable you need to /bug it with more info than you gave us here. Though if you gave a mission name, mob name, buff name, you may get a bit more help on the boards.
  6. Hatsee Augur

pa rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    me and my drum.
    Smokezz, Ardin and Daislet like this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No idea which mobs or which HAs. We can't very well tell you if the spells are undispellable; and if you are finding specific buffs not being dispelled then you could list those.

I always have thought that Abashi and all the other beneficial only dispel spells as landing on random slots; and for that reason did not always hit buff slots that were being used (by beneficial buffs).
  8. Xirtket Augur

Basically I made this topic to see if others were having the same experience I am, and if it's a possible bug, or done on purpose.

I'm well aware of how to deal with the bixie raid mobs, this isn't what I was talking about though.. Next task I do I'll take some notes on buff names/mobs/task and post them here.

Abashi is 3 slot random beneficial :

Abolish Enchantment:
    1: Cancel Magic - Beneficial Only (9)
    2: Cancel Magic - Beneficial Only (9)
    3: Cancel Magic - Beneficial Only (9)

However, I've never had issues with it before. I'm pretty sure it's not flagged to hit a slot that has no buff in it, if this were the case, it could take quite a few casts to get 1 buff to dispel.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I have had to use it multiple times lots of times.
  10. Yamakasi Apprentice

having same issue here with CoA monk robe , any info if intended ?
  11. Xirtket Augur

Ok, here's a few mobs and some buffs:

a wayward wraith/ a risen ancestor (task death peace) buffs: rampant growth, imperative focusing.

an excavating crusader/ an excavating evoker/ an excavating defiler (task the descending tower) buffs: reverent fury, preservation of the iceclad (and its proc) symbol of gazet, certitude (defiler/evoker had these on at the same time) aegis of velishan, bastion of vie.

Each mob I cast abashi on 5x to try to remove buffs, I did this for each one listed here, there's more mobs/buffs, I can post those too, but I don't see the point as of yet.
    That's a small snippet of what I've seen so far.
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

Most of the buffs I've seen on mob in the heroic adventures are generic player buffs.

In fact...outside of named they ALL are. And most can be dispelled with the typical Annul Magic spell (I still need to get my hand on the Vex Thal wrist :( ). Some, however, are not dispellable.
  13. Anuulified Elder

Dispelling some can be key. Say if you see a mob with Sk buffs on it. They will start by hitting you for 10k ish, had one 2 shot me however and wondered why. Well, fought another just like it a few minutes later and noticed it was using Visage of Death AA, 30-40k hits. But you can dispel this, thankfully.