Missing Emails

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gillette, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Gillette Lorekeeper

I keep losing mail in my in-game email box.

I know they were present at the start of the night and then later in the night, they are no longer there. The "same email from June 5th" is the most recent one in the inbox, anything that is more recent has disappeared. It's happened several times with the same results (anything newer than the June 5th email is gone.) I'm fairly sure originally, the emails would stay in my inbox through logging in and out.

Starting tonight, I can repeat the problem, by having someone send me an email. Camp to character select, log back in on the same character and the email will no longer be present in my inbox.

What does it take to fix this problem?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you look at the Deleted Items tab, do the missing messages appear there? I have messages in my box from 2005 when the feature went live, so they don't auto-delete.

Alternatively, is there any chance that your sections are smushed together (i.e. some of the messages are hiding below one of the draggable lines)? Or possibly re-sort by the column headers to see if others appear? The only other thing I can think of is to check the address book to see if you have ignored the sender(s) that you are having issues with.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you logging in thru the patcher? Only all access accounts can get email (other than official) so if your not logging in thru the patcher it could be possible that the game sees your account as silver or free which would delete email.

Make sure your arrow at the top is on your character - yes you can switch to other characters on your account and read the email under those names.

I have email over 10 years old in my box so don't think there is a time limit on them. Did you read and delete or auto save to file them perhaps?
  4. Gillette Lorekeeper

The game definitely detected a gold account (based on prestige gear worn and all access days left in the inventory window).

Character is selected in the drop down list at the top.

The missing emails were not in the deleted tab.

Didn't delete the emails (specially the recent ones tested).

Sorting by headers does work but doesn't reveal any emails that weren't already visible.

I used the empty trash button in the delete tab ... logged out and back in ... all the missing emails reappeared.

This smells of data corruption ...