Missed the Boat...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Covers, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Covers New Member

Hi all,

I played when the game launched up till POP, but then left for other games. With all the talk about EQL / EQN it got me to remembering my first MMO EQ.
    Could anyone tell me a bit about the status on Vulak / Fippy (or any other time locked)?

1.What expansion are both up to?
    2.A guess at Population?
    3.Whats the guild situation (Is there raiding ones that accept new players that are just starting out)?
    4.Are there plans on both to continue the content all the way to the most current expansion (Not in a rush, but would like to see all the stuff i missed after pop some day).
    5.Is there really Battle Toads now ...(AKA Froglock monk)??? ;)
    6. What Pet does the woodelf beast lord get?
  2. Machen New Member

1. Both servers are on Secrets of Faydwer.
    2. Fippy is considerably higher population. We currently have five active raid guilds, around 300 players in general chat during prime time, vs. 1 guild on vulak and 50-75 in general chat.
    3. There is at least one guild on each server that will accept new players starting out no questions asked. Most of the raid guilds on Fippy will take players who don't meet their minimum requirements to app as a raider, but it really depends on your background and intentions.
    4. Yes, Sony staff have announced we will continue until caught up to live.
    5 + 6. We won't be getting the new race/class combinations on progression for several expansions yet.
  3. Bandok Augur

1) Both are in Secrets of Faydwer, with votes on Seeds of Destruction opening within the next four weeks.
    2) Vulak's population is very low (only one big guild is left). Fippy's population is low, but we're now at 4 raid guilds and one sizable casual guild. Both servers have a number of smaller guilds and unaffiliated people.
    3) See #2. For someone just getting in on the server, I think Kuk Clan on Vulak will accept them, and Syndicate of Severed Legend (the casual guild) will accept on Fippy. Many of the other guilds would consider you, at least if you're in a class they have some need of, but would put you on an extended applicant period until you got more up to speed (close to 80, preferably with a few hundred AA)
    4) Fippy's going to keep plowing ahead. Vulak's progression rate is going to slow down immensely since their Rush Guild moved over to Fippy. Fippy now has two Rush Guilds, so progression is probably going to keep moving as rapidly as possible.
    5) We'll have to see after the patch today whether Frog Monk and WE Beastlord are available on progression servers now, or if they're tied to CotF.
    6) Treant.
  4. Bandok Augur

Are you sure about that? I hadn't seen anything saying one way or another. (We'll find out for sure once the servers are back up, at any rate)
  5. Crystilla Augur

1st post by Roshen, 2nd to the bottom question there in THIS FAQ thread he posted.

6. Bandok Augur

That's an unrelated question. Froglok Monk and Wood Elf Beastlords are distinct from Heroic Characters (although they can be made into Heroic Characters).
  7. Crystilla Augur

Sorry, linked to the wrong thread. It's at the top of today's patch notes found HERE.

"Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks are now available for creation once House of Thule is open."
  8. taliefer Augur

i wonder what the reasoning is behind locking new class/race combos to an expansion. thats disapointing, was looking forward to tooling around on a frog monk
  9. Bandok Augur

Ahh, I had overlooked it in the patch notes. Thanks Crystilla.

House of Thule seems like a somewhat random selection, but that's how it goes.
  10. Covers New Member

Thanks all,

I forgot to ask, but is Paladin looked for in raiding ? When I first got the game, that was the one I had as my main. I know SK was usually the more popular choice with harm touch and what not.
    I would be a casual player that would get on for a bit each day to level, and plan / help friends ( or guild) when I can. I have always liked to see all the content a game has to offer, but have never been hard core person on the subject, but i still enjoy that part of the game ( if that makes sense).

I guess I would like the option to be on a raid guild, and do my best to show up and help, but I am also a full time dad and work a roataiting schedual, so I don't have the "Days" to grind stuff or camp like I did in my youth :eek:
  11. Bandok Augur

Paladin is in higher demand than SK (due to there being an overabundance of SKs). However, for the raiding scene, tanks have to put in some extra effort to get geared and get AC augs so that they can actually do their job (offtanking) in the raid. Both Knight classes bring something useful to the raiding table.
  12. Kukgrol Elder

You would be very welcome in our guild as a Paladin, or any class you want. Our number one priority is that you play a class that will make you happy. That way you'll be more likely to log in and play and join us ;)

Our guild on Vulak, the quiet server, is very active. We raid 5 - 6 nights a week. We have a number of newer members who have chosen to come here because it's quiet and they feel more comfortable going at their own pace.

One nice thing about our server is there is no drama, no contention at camp spots etc. And when / if you decide to do your epic or other quests you'll find your mobs / camps are usually up and ready when you get there. Nowhere near the endless camps coming back again and again to try and get the camp you need.

When you level up we'd gladly welcome you on raids. We could use another raid Paladin, we've seen firsthand they can contribute a lot to the success of our raids.

We have a number of people that box, but we have those that don't as well. And our guild members consistently will kick a box for a live player willing to participate :)

We raid 7pm-10pm east most nights of the week and take a couple off each week. We are not a mandatory raid guild, but encourage you to join when you're ready / able to.

Please feel free to look us up in game.

Kukgrol
    <Kuk Clan>
    Vulak Aerr

P.S. I know what you mean about being a full time dad and trying to juggle schedule. I have 3 teenage sons to manage as well. They also play EQ which makes it fun for all of us. We're a very family friendly guild, that still likes overcoming new challenges together.
  13. Covers New Member

Do they have "mercs" on progression ? Lol I rember trying to solo a freeport rat at launch with a rusty sword and dying an epic death running for the guards...

I would like to do Paladin again, but are they able to solo grind levels now with a merc?
  14. Bandok Augur

No mercs on progression until SoD (the next expansion). We do have defiant gear, however, so solo'ing at low levels is much easier than it used to be. With a paladin, if you pick your zones right, you can do pretty well solo'ing (see: Befallen, Unrest, Lower Guk, for example. yay undead)
  15. Machen New Member

SoD should be about a month away on Fippy. Sounds like a good chance it will not open on Vulak though.
  16. ThymeRhyn New Member

Vulak can vote the expansion down once to be on the same timeline as fippy, maybe they just want to do that.