Fixed Mislabeled caster of spells

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Nightmares, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Nightmares Augur

was checking someone else's spell today and noticed upon opening the spells info window it said my toon's name. Checked a few other spells. Same thing, except other peoples names. for instance, Circle of the Steppes(TL to Steppes, forget if Wiz or Druid) was saying it was cast by me(pal), a shaman friend and a Bard friend I had grouped with earlier in the night. Hammer of Obliteration(Cleric summon hammer) was saying I cast it. Oh and I was on a Paladin.
    I mean I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to having some other classes spells as a pally... But give me wizard nukes or something! =-D
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

It shows the caster is one that just did a MGB in PoK.
    So right clicking on my buff window to check who casted Druid skin ( to thank them ) resulted in my checkin my new scribed spells to show caster Druid name. IF I right click hold on my spells in my spell book page, as seen in the photo, they all say caster is the same name as the druid skin.
    [IMG]
    Rondor likes this.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Update, I just did MGB and that druid said I'm the caster on his spells. Hold right click on his spells in his spell book and a spell in his Spell Cast Window.

Seems MGB's are making the one that did the MGB change players spells to show they are the caster in the information of each spell.
  4. Gialana Augur

I only recently noticed that the spell description windows list a caster when inspecting the spell in your own spell book. It probably shouldn't have that line at all since there is no caster.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres something wrong with your UI files because the current spell data window does not have space for Caster. Don't be using the "copy default SuiteXML" hack any more, you'll be getting UI errors.
    [IMG]