Fixed Internally Misgnomer Anniversary Quest

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Truklin, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Truklin Elder

I've encountered an unfortunate problem with this quest, at some point In my EQ career I must of slaughtered some gnomes in Ak'Anon for stress relief or something because I seem to of ruined my faction with Welno Tanlonikan who is required to talk to at step 5 of the "Misgnomer" anniversary quest. When hailed he gives me the correct quest prompt but refuses to respond when I click "want". I've done this quest on both my boxes and I've attempted just /saying "Almost in a barfight, you say?" which is the final phrase of the dialogue and that doesnt work either.

Best I can tell he is on the "Deepmuses" faction which is an obscure gnome rog/clr GM faction that has very few mobs in all of EQ that give a + faction hit towards it and 0 quests an Iksar SK can participate in to raise the faction. King Ak'Anon faction reset potion obviously doesnt do any good. Pretty much stuck on this with my SK at this point as the mobs that do raise faction hit aren't exactly grindable from what I can tell, considering most of them are other named gnomes (lol) with slow respawn timers and give a big ole +1 faction hit.
    Janz and Bob # 5 like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you try /say 'I want to clear up a case of mistaken identity.'
  3. Twest Apprentice

I have tried this quest twice and both times I get to the step "Check to see if there is anything else you can do" with Wenlo Tanlonikan. I hail him and get no response. Looked up the text on Zam and typed all the text in and after saying the final text of "barfight" I get no update. Is there some faction tied to this NPC?
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

5. Notinterested Augur

Luminya and Svann2 like this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Whats his /con say for your faction level? My alt did it and he is indifferent, so maybe hide (behind him) would work.
  7. Truklin Elder

Scowls, I’ve tried illusions and alliance click to get me up to a con that he will interact with but no go. That’s why I’m assuming I must of completely bottomed out my faction with this guy.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I probably edited my comment too late. Try hiding behind him. You have that as a skill. Its often worked in the past to fix quest faction issues.
  9. Twest Apprentice

Tried that too Svann. Like I said, there is nothing I did not try, I had a gnome illusion and used it, I talked to him in thieves can't, I stood behind him . I used sneak. I used hide, The only way we'll get this one done is either grind the faction or lets hope the devs find a fix for this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you use hide successfully then you will be indifferent to him. Con him to know for sure if you are hidden. If he still wont talk when you are indifferent faction then its not a faction issue.

edit: wait, SK get sneak? Im not seeing that on my baby SK.
  11. Truklin Elder

This doesn't work for dialogue. He just doesn't interact if you are hidden, no different than being invis.
  12. Vandiill New Member

Also duplicated on Povar. Same bug where Deepmuse faction is only one (Scowls) will respond to hail, but trying /say with any of the text (including barfight) is ignored/ gets no answer. Can't cast alliance. No illusions worked. Hide didn't work. Invisibility didn't work. Had alt along with dubious Deepmuse faction, who completed that step no problem.

Seems to be no easy way to raise Deepmuse faction as the pally gnome quest giver also refuses to speak with me. Or occasional killing of rare mob in unrest
  13. Janz New Member

I cannot complete this either. My class cannot hide or sneak. Not completable as is if this fellow hates you, it seems.
  14. Twest Apprentice

I should not have said hide since I do not possess it .
  15. GNOME_POWER Augur

I completed this quest on my lv69 iksar SK with gnome illusions so I think it's a personal faction issue.
    (I don't think I've ever hit down a gnome faction with this character.)

No illusion.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Faction when using gnome illusion.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  16. JuudgeD New Member

Illusion doesn't budge my darkmuses faction, so pretty much stuck talking to gnome..
  17. Bob # 5 New Member

Anyone find a workaround for this that doesn't involve a painful faction grind. Feels lame to force this on a quest that everyone should be able to do.
  18. GNOME_POWER Augur

OK, I think Svann2 is probably saying you should cover it up.

My LV63 Dark Elf necromancer shrouded and sneaked Mr. Wenlo's chapter and completed the quest without using illusions.
    Sneaked behind him from the waterway side.
    (I have a good relationship with them because this character was active in high pass. When giving a bribe to Eddrix, the surrounding NPCs did not get angry.)
    Svann2 likes this.
  19. Mhystwalker Journeyman

120 DE mage, tried rog shroud, sneak cons indiff, but Wenlo will not go through the text. Hide/illusion not an option. Can't find any data on faction raises for Deepmuses other than one rare spawn in Unrest. You can no longer kill npcs that used to give faction.
    This is a very dumb setup for an anniversary task. By time I've spent months getting 2000 faction hits from one rare mob, to do a quest that expires in a few days, it's not even worth the effort.
  20. GNOME_POWER Augur

Shroud with goblin rogue and sneak up behind Mr. Wenlo from the side of the waterway (i.e. through the wall) until a conversation is established.

So my LV106 Troll SK has successfully completed the quest.