Cannot Reproduce [Mischief TLP] Raid bosses dropping more loot than intended.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by StorminThermos, Jan 19, 2022.

1. StorminThermos New Member

Based on Ngreth's multiple statements about recent loot changes, it appears not all of his restrictions have gone into effect after the recent patch.

From Ngreth on the official Discord:

"And while I don't mind easy nightmare mobs dropping good (TIME!!) loot they should not be getting multiple rolls."

"close enough. Mobs only have ONE value. So if Quarm is 2000 and he rolls himself he is also done. because that is 2000"

"T3 will onl roll T3+ once, but can roll T2 twice and T1 4 times."

"you would have = p5 + p5, OR p5 + Q, OR Q."

However, here are some corpses from today's kills.

Aerin'Dar dropping two P4 time tables:
    https://i.imgur.com/qRk0TWK.png

Rallos Zek dropping two Quarm tables:
    https://i.imgur.com/0DA2eav.png

Based on my interpretation of his statements, it seems that the intention would be for, in these scenarios, only one P4 table and one Quarm table to drop, respectively.
  2. JimboliniWeenie New Member

I've noticed the same thing on my raids, as well. It does seem most everything can still double drop, though I haven't killed Grummus or Shade yet.
  3. TheHumbleBumbleBee New Member

This appears also not be applying to Shade either, which was a mob that Ngreth specifically called out in earlier chats.

https://i.imgur.com/zrC6ery.png

So, more and more, it's making me think the change that was described in the patch didn't actually go in. Would like to know whether this is intentional or not.
  4. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Yeah, I'm seeing this as well. It's confusing because It seems like the chances of loot dropping hasn't changed at all.
  5. AngryConcern New Member

Our drop tables in elemental planes have been significantly worse since the patch, and Time was reportedly been much better, so I would assume it’s working as intended. He stated multiple times that he’s not explaining everything, so I think you’re taking his example too literally.
  6. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

I mean, that could just be RNG. We had two splits of fire and one split had six quarm and the other only one. It just doesn't seem like his statements have a lot of wiggle room for interpretation.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Did something weird happen here? I am seeing a 45 minute gap between rolls for loot with Rallos Zek. Each "roll" followed the rules I mentioned. (Each time it rolled once, but that 45 minute gap is weird!)

2022-01-19 19:26:23 zone.thornblade.potimeb_raid {Snip extra stuff the is essentially Rolled Quarm's loot, values exceeded, stop}
    2022-01-19 20:11:31 zone.thornblade.potimeb_raid {Snip extra stuff the is essentially Rolled Quarm's loot, values exceeded, stop}

If you guys have more data, timestamps of when it happened helps us look at the logs. I couldn't pinpoint eh Aerin`Dar rolls. If you guys know who's loot they got, it also helps (you guys are more present and can tell at a glance, while I have to look it up)
  8. ViciousEQ Elder

They spawned Rallos at 19:26 (by killing its associated trash to trigger his spawn)...and it had its first loot then...they killed it at 20:11 which generated the additional loot then? you're logic only steps in on the additional rolls in this case it would seem. Which means any mob could be 2 of itself...but not 3 ever.
  9. ViciousEQ Elder

You could fix it by making it so no mobs spawn with loot on them on random loot TLPs, and only generate their loot through this bonus loot system, if that was truly your intent for all mobs to follow this logic you described.

It would also solve for people being able to "fish" instances with no replay timer to see if certain bosses are holding certain weapons in their hand before they commit to one.

That being said, I can't even begin to tell you how much an unwelcome change that would be to random loot TLP players...I hope you know this lol

Why am I even saying this if I think its a bad idea...I am hoping you guys start to get some insight into what players think is fun...what they think is annoying...and design more towards the fun.

Getting 2 Quarms on one kill once a week or so is FUN.
    MakeVerantGreatAgain likes this.
  10. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Can we clarify that the intention was that double quarm should not have been possible? And that easy mobs like shade should not be able to drop double time phase 4?

If that was the intention it's definitely not happening. I don't understand why the log show rallos the way it does but there's definitely no way you could kill two of them so close together because it has a five and a half day lockout.
  11. Fenl Bard

I think the confusion here for most people is what is considered a "roll"
    Some people seem to think it's a roll per item. But it's usually more like 2-6 items depending on who the boss is. It's been a while since I killed Quarm on Agnarr but how many pieces of loot did he normally drop on a kill?
  12. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

No one is thinking that a roll is a single item. Phases four to six have a set amount so there's no guesswork involved in how many rolls actually occurred.
  13. Fenl Bard

You seem to be confused that some infers I'm talking about people like you. There was definitely people that thought this was how it worked in my guild.

As for a set amount, What is that set amount?
    Because if that set amount is 6 then both those examples of screenshots are not showing double drops.
  14. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Ngreth was talking about parchments in that response... From someone saying they were looking forward to getting 100 parchments.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

For the intent: Rallos should have only gotten one roll. The way he rolled that time... also in the log was an example of a different kill where he should have gotten 2, and did... he rolled from a tier lower, and rolled again, as expected. I also saw good examples of him getting Time loot and stopping.
    That one case that is brought up is weird.
  16. ForumBoss Augur

The shade loot table mentioned with 2 p4 tables is from my guild and cherry picked from a dozen or two kills. Supposedly another guild is collecting a larger data set, and that only occurred once out of 100+ kills. This hardly seems game breaking.
    Please prioritize other issues such as the replay timers still occurring, or the pick zone logic not checking where the group/raid is
    Xanathol likes this.