<Mischief TLP> Dargons, Fun Focused Plat Split Raiding

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by EQDude, Apr 28, 2021.

1. EQDude Elder

<Dargons> are looking for players and raiders. We are a fun first guild focused on enjoying content at a relaxed pace, while still enabling everyone to clear raid content.

We do a lot of things differently when it comes to raiding; it boils down to the concept that every member is equal every raid.
    • Open Raids: We allow any level capped character on the server to join us (if there is room available)
    • Platinum Bids: Bid platinum instead of DKP. Every raid attendee is given an even split at the end of the night.
    • Bid How You Like: Bid on any item you can equip or trade. Everyone wants different items for different reasons, we are not here to judge you for it.
    • Play when you want: Weekly attendance is not factored into loot. Take a break if you need to.
    • No Mains: Play the character you want to play. Want to main swap from monk to magician? Feel free.
    • Chill: Our interest is in creating a fun environment where anyone can participate and share progress. We clear content, but we are not interested in competing with other guilds. We do not require that our players have advanced knowledge of content and will explain all strategies nightly and provide any consumables required. There is a strictly enforced no bickering policy (especially with regards to loot bids).
    Current Schedule
    930pm-1230am EST – Days voting in discord now, come add your two cents.

Raid Rules
    • Discord mandatory for listening to instruction.
    • Raid dumps taken three times: Start, half way, and completion. 2/3 ticks earns a half split, 3/3 ticks earns a full split.
    • Invite priority for on time & level capped characters is Members > Friends > Outsiders > Boxes
    • A single box is allowed on an as needed basis, will be expected to perform their role FULLY, and are rewarded a full split.
    • Items are open bid with winning bid receiving item.
    • All platinum is evenly split nightly via parcels.
    The Website

Our website has a rapid item lookup with every EverQuest item , as well as a database which tracks every raid, item drop, and winning bid. You can search for an item to see its bid history, or find out what the total was for a particular raid night. Everything is recorded and loaded into the database for public access.

How Do I Join?
    Join discord to get with us and organize pre-launch.

FAQ

• Seriously, platinum bids?
    Platinum bids allows rewards to be made value proportionate, fungible, and incremental.

Breaking that down, value proportionate means that each raider will be rewarded in proportion to the value of all total drops that night. Instead of whichever folks were lucky enough to get to spend their DKP on loot, everyone gets an equal reward.

Fungibility means that instead of imaginary points controlled arbitrarily by a guild leader, your rewards are real and tradeable. This means I will never show favoritism in the form of “bonus DKP” etc. It also means you don’t have to hit any magic numbers or suffer any systems (Raid 2-4 weeks on “trial” status before you can roll on loot sound familiar to anyone?)

Finally, because rewards are handed out incrementally each raid night I don’t need to track DKP or attendance. This means that each raid is self-contained and past attendance is irrelevant, allowing the more casual player a chance to complete raid content.

• Aren’t you just going to steal all of our money?
    Every single transaction is recorded as a matter of public record on our website. During Classic-Kunark on Aradune we parceled out 1,900,965 platinum.

• But will I be able to get loot if I’m platinum poor?
    Our system actually favors these players. By simply showing up to raid you will accumulate quite a lot of currency. In this way the players that are willing to pay high get their items sooner, and the players that are patient will get a significant platinum income while having cheaper items. This also allows players to pay for their EverQuest subscription by raiding.
  2. Tibber New Member

Just to say the discord link isnt working for me. Been in guild with raid nights similar to these. I actually rather liked them allowed those unable to always make raid nights to gear up and allows those that dont subscribe and use krono to get plat for krono keeping more members able to stay.
  3. Tibber New Member

Oh and I have seen guilds keeping track of plat spent and given out. Have yet to see one deceitful.
  4. Drummer New Member

Here's another link to the discord

https://discord.gg/mYQKPY2m
  5. EQDude Elder

Hey thanks for the heads up. The discord link has been updated.

The site has also been updated (Probably should have done that before I made this post lol).
  6. Tibber New Member

Thanks that one worked
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Just joined the discord, looking forward to this.
  8. EQDude Elder

Set raid times to 930-1230pm EST -- Voting on what days in discord for the next week
  9. EQDude Elder

It's time to plan static / leveling groups. Join up and find yours!
  10. EQDude Elder

Going to close voting on raid nights by this time next week.
  11. EQDude Elder

Just gonna get ahead of this, we need monks rogues and warriors ;)
  12. EQDude Elder

Last day to vote on raid nights.