Mischief, okay go for it, but for me

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Attila, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Attila Augur

With all of the dupes, sheeple and mega guilds, the only way I'd play a TLP again is if they did some sort of Selos paced server that cut the Krono Farmer's sacks off. Add a Mischief ruleset, double the instances and maybe triple the AA XP as well. Start in Kunark or cut Classic to one month, but we all want a Kunark launch right? I've never seen them listen though, but I have tons of other games that have been very vocal about how I'm not paying attention them anymore, so listen or not, I'm good either way. Also, it's a no brainer that these dupes involve the staff, so clean your house up Daybreak.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Popular theory, with some evidence from comments and leaks, is that Mischief rules will be back and with a Kunark start.

I'd rather have a TSS start myself, but ah well.
  3. Zansobar Augur

I love Classic more than the other eras and I doubt I'm alone. Plus new TLPs are also to attract players that haven't played in years or decades back to the game. A Classic start would be much better in that regard.
  4. Lejaun Augur

Classic is by far my favorite era, but there is only so much I can do of it. It just gets boring after awhile to me. You can only kill Naggy and Vox so many times.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  5. Attila Augur

The primary issue with that is the lack of camps. SolB Efreeti is a perma lock, there is no way an average person is going to get Quillmane during dad hours, actually, I'm pretty sure I'll run out of characters allowed in this reply, so I'll sum it up by saying a Kunark launch wouldn't hurt anyone's classic experience. They would just have less grief and more open camps.
  6. Attila Augur

Also, technically speaking, Kunark was supposed to be included in classic anyway.
  7. Intercept Augur

Free trade is fine, but 3x random loot is a big no go for many.

Zero interest in forming my night around how much krono per hour we can make again
    Ddezul likes this.
  8. Kahna Augur

So... don't worry about how much krono you may or may not make? Increased loot drops just make up for the fact that we are in the expansions 1/3-1/4 of the time they were originally out.
    Muramx and Barton-Vox like this.
  9. Zansobar Augur

They can just lower the pickzone thresholds until more zones open up later on.
  10. Cfuson Journeyman

For many? Please kid don't act like mischief wasn't by far their most popular TLP.

Don't worry tho, my bet is that server #2 is gonna to be the typical mangler classic server for you serial rerollers.
  11. NImxat Elder

With random/extra loot the prices of items will plumet compared to other servers. More of the goods in the bazaar will be offered by "normal" players. Hardly the preferred situation for krono farmers.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still on the fence if I play new TLP this year till we see the full rule sets. But I'd be happy with a Kunark start and Mischief rule set. I did Luclin on Selo, tutorial on Vaniki and HoT on Miragel. Will be nice to have a different starting spot.

I'd like a TSS start in the future. Many call for new things to do in classic, so a TSS start would give them some new low level stuff to do. I personally think TSS has a classic feel to it.
  13. Stagentti Augur

They'll simply farm the stuff that is selling the most even if other people selling the same item. Flood the market and make money the Walmart way: drop price make money in volume.

Prices will plummet on items but so will the price of a krono. So they still sell for krono or sell for less plat per item but then pay less plat per krono compared to other servers.

You aren't going to have stuff cost 25% of what it does on other servers due to more availability with at the same time krono prices being the same as those other servers.
    Ddezul likes this.
  14. NImxat Elder

Trying to make profits on volume means more hours farming. The point is that normal players are also offering the same items. For each item, there is a limited market (influenced somewhat by price, but still). That means a limit on how many will be purchased.
    The price of items dropping does not mean kronos drop in price. People will refuse to sell kronos at the lower price.
  15. Stagentti Augur

People will refuse to sell Kronos at the lower price while krono buyers will have less platinum with which to buy Kronos due to the market conditions you're advocating for.

Makes total sense.
  16. Intercept Augur

Many people will dictate there playtimes by such measures with random 3x loot.

I have no interest in revisiting that game, prefer to play Everquest when it's available
  17. Intercept Augur

So you want to reroll onto another Mischief and your insult to me is calling me a reroller.

Ok then.

As for the former point it may be a popular server for those who wish to either make RL money or get stuff without having to do the stuff, but neither promotes longevity to an MMO and if that is the route EQ wishes to go then they should be ready to accept the negatives that go along with that decision.

Many MMO's have changed their game out of a player base, this one hasn't as of yet
  18. Kahna Augur

Uh...

What?

Like literally, what?

How can you look at the server that has maintained it's population over a longer period than any other TLP in the past decade and for one single moment think that the formula isn't one that "promotes longevity". It's in HoT, smack dab in the middle of the expansion, and it has a better population than the most recent TLP. Say what you will about Random loot/Free trade, love it, hate it, whatever floats your boat, but to try and suggest that Mischief isn't a recipe for longevity? No one is going to take you seriously if you go around saying things that are so blatantly false.

I have no idea what you are even trying to convey with this statement.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  19. Ddezul Augur

Anyone using 'kid' on forums these days....

:rolleyes:
  20. Ddezul Augur

So why kill Mischief with a new server? Mischief is the bestest ever right?
    Please devs do NOT kill Mischief as it's the greatest server in history . Bigly.