Fixed Internally Error Trying to Enter Full Zone

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Klucifer, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Klucifer Master

Zone is spawning picks, but it is not allowing people to enter
  2. Lothannon New Member

This. Still happening. Wont even let you portal in if you have group members in a pick other than the main.
    Asterysm and Aoibhinn like this.
  3. Morbys New Member

This is absolutely unacceptable, can't access argath at all
    Yamkin likes this.
  4. Endacer Augur

Can't zone in, can't portal in, can't campfire in, can't banner in. Have to just keep spamming a zoneline hopeing someone zones out of main pick to let you in. This is...insanely annoying. Took me 45m spamming it, to finally zone into Argath.
  5. Ominousname New Member

It would you know also be great if the quests in Argath functioned in picks
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  6. Liren_Lockheart Melusine the Siren

Can confirm, still an issue. Once the main pick is full, new players don't automatically shift to one of the open picks. They are just blocked from entering until the main pick loses players. Even if there are several picks open, you can't access them via any method. Even if your other party members are in a pick it still tries to zone you into the main pick and repeatedly fails because it's at cap.

Please fix asap and definitely please fix before Teek launch!
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  7. Endacer Augur

Definitely needs fixed or tweaked before Teek, this will happen in most zones on a TLP launch, especially noob zones, commons, etc.
  8. Egot Elder

You're listed as an all-access member maybe you can login and fix it for them
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I'm told that one of the progression quests requires you to be in main pick. So this sounds "fun".
  10. Kolosuss New Member

Qinimi will not allow us to zone in from any zone line, just tells us "A magical force will not allow any more to enter."
    Chrystis, Phelon, xeromex and 3 others like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

12. Technicz New Member

^ appears to be same as the link to Mischief's problem with pickzones.

Issue appears to be that pickzones are not properly load balancing players into the new pick once it pops.

To reproduce:

Given Qinimi has 72 players in zone
    I, as a player, attempt to zone into Qinimi from either Natimbi or Barindu
    Result: Fail to zone in, and receive an error message "A magical force will not allow any more to enter."

This occurs mostly during evening to late night hours US Eastern time (8 PM and onward) when a guild or boxer seems to be AFK at the Agent of Change in the zone.

I confirmed with some friends that when we had some of them manually go into the new pickzone that got created, others were able to slowly trickle into the zone, one by one, and pick into the new pickzone. This only works if someone is already within the locked out Qinimi zone manually pickzones over to the newly created pick. As a result, this is an unreliable workaround since you may not have people you know or actively at their keyboard who will pickzone over to let others in.

Qinimi having this issue is a problem because it is a bottleneck to most non-flagged zones in Gates of Discord on Oakwynd thus requiring ports to get around from Barindu.
  13. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

The raid NPCs are not letting folks leave, as Laurion's Inn is too full to accept new people. It's not spinning up new instances, or the 'leave' function only works for an over-full base pick. We have to kick the DZ (which is still not working for some) and/or anchor back to the GH to leave.
    Yinla and Asterysm like this.
  14. Brickhaus Augur

Have you tried playing Hotel California backwards?

Man, I miss playing records backwards...

(Are people in group instances having the same issue or is it only the raid ones?)
  15. Asterysm New Member

Last night, it seemed to be occurring because of a box raid afking at the Agent of Change.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sounds like the same issue one of the TLPs were having with Argarth.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Once you're here, you're here forever.
  18. Meeko Developer(Code)

I merged together a few threads reporting the same underlying issue and updated the title to be more descriptive.

This issue will be fixed in the next monthly patch. It can be avoided in the meantime by keeping the base zone below the zone's cap. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

So.... Make sure no one is in Laurion Inn. Got it.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, you want the players to police the problem that YOU GUYS created. Nice. Anything to avoid doing a little work, I guess.
    Fenthen likes this.