Mines of Gloomingdeep live on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gidono, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Just checking if this is intentional. Lots of decent items in that zone.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Can a level 61 get in!?!?
  3. Hdizzle Augur

LOL

didn't that happen on fippy too? peeps runnin around in tutorial gear during pop?

Everquest is my favorite game, but its such a dumpster fire sometimes Lol.
    Kanuvan likes this.
  4. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Well, looking through old comments on Zam, seems they did a revamp in 2005 (which would have put the Tutorial out before DoN) and since Charms were brought in LDoN, and you get a charm item in the Mines, I am guessing the Tutorial came out before LDoN and the revamp changed it and put in the charm.

Just a guess though. So yeah, it might be intentional.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I mean, does it matter? Cool, people get some OK gear for getting 1-20 a bit easier if they are new to the server. I hope nobody gets up in arms over a +5 stats charm.
  6. Umul Augur

I don't remember what expac tutorial came out in. I thought PoP brought about the noob armor quests?

Basically ^
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Nice. Lower the barrier of entry.
  8. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

Can't zone out of the first part of Gloomingdeep. I get the option of which pick to join but nothing happens when you select and re hailing the NPC does nothing.
  9. snailish Augur

I've been told:
    -that tutorial 1.0 happened between LoY and LDoN. (so still early on progression if correct).
    -revamp was before DoN
    -the better gear was sometime after TSS (after original run of defiant that made the really good TSS lower armor obsolete as well iirc).

What I know for sure is that it has certainly changed over time. If the newest tutorial gear is better than the "newbie" armor that has been era set (and just available now with PoP?) then it should be flagged for later.

Gloomingdeep itself existing when the active playerbase is mostly way past level 40 isn't really an issue. One does not have to level in Gloomingdeep to level 12.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

New players to the server don't have to go through the slog that is banded armor or selling a krono in baz to twink themselves. What's the problem?

It's optional, if you want "muh classic experience" even though the server is in PoP you can choose not to go to the Tutorial.
    Your_Ad_Here and Trey like this.
  11. Trey Elder

The game's pop suffers 1-40. This is great news for anyone trying to join.