Mind Wrack overrides con pots

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Runes Augur

Small item but a nuisance in groups where a person has a concentration pot going and our necro mind Wrack recourse overwrites it. Be nice if the con pot just blocked the recourse.
  2. a_librarian Augur

4 ticks of that recourse is worth 10 minutes of a greater conc potion, and the necro can reapply it once a minute. It's outrageously better than a greater conc pot.

You can probably block mind wrack recourse if you really wanted to.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Runes Augur

Except that Wrack only works on mobs that have mana so its not every minute, its very sporadic on the mobs it works on.
  4. Kahna Augur

Still doesn't change the fact that if you don't like recourse you can buff block it and keep your conc pot. A solution is already in game for this problem.
    Digler likes this.
  5. qwert New Member

The solution would be to have them stack. ;)
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

A single conc pot gives you 600 mana over 20 minutes. A single Mind Wrack recourse gives you 300 mana in 24 seconds. You only need two mobs to be hit by it in 20 minutes to gain the same benefit as a conc pot, and three mobs within 20 minutes for MW to be 50% more effective. I am soooo happy to not be clicking those dumb 15s cast pots anymore.
    Duder likes this.
  7. menown Augur

I may be mistaken with older content, but I remember Mind Wrack getting changed to land on any type of NPC, no matter if they are a caster type or not. The reason necros don't use it more often is probably the long cast time.
  8. Machen New Member

Nope, and nope.
  9. menown Augur

I just loaded my necro up and did some testing in various expansions with Mind Wrack. It is not the Omens of War expansion that Mind Wrack will work on any type of NPC. That trend continues through the most current content.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

If you have 2 Necros in group Mind Wrack gives more mana per tick then KEI, Cabbage, Beast Crack, greater conc and Lcea's combined.

Stop being dumb and if a necro is group don't click a pot. You should be complaining that your necros aren't casting it every chance they get, not that it strips your Conc pot.
    Duder likes this.