Millers farm scarecrow shortage!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Arkanny, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Arkanny Augur

i'd like to file a complaint! there's barely 3 scarecrows on the whole of Miller's farm in West Karanas. Took my 14 cleric there since i remembered leveling there on my necro all those years back. Lots of spawns missing x_x
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Maybe you had played during the Nights of the Living Dead event period where there might be some extra spawns. With a lvl 14 cleric the right place for you would be the Estate of Unrest The pumpkin mobs are similar to the scarecrows an in addition about all mobs are undead which is a great bonus.
    NecroDotty likes this.
  3. Hegsheoshed Augur

You might have to kill the ones that are there, respawns may spawn multiples. You may have to clear stuff that runs across the farm field. You can learn a lot by watching wandering critter mobs in West Karana. Why is there the one bear that runs but has no target of target? What exactly is the ph for Yiz Pon? How often does the Serpent insignia collar drop?

Then again it could be like Hollowshade Moor where there once used to be a plethora of sonic wolf pups, sonic wolflings, owlbear grapplers, owlbear razorbeaks and whatever else got reduced in spawns to really make Vah Shir work for the sonic wolf bane weapons quests.

Sometimes people say the hill giants have been cut back in numbers in Rathe Mountains.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rc0gRwffZ87HQn19Yvs8kr4qQJApskfR/view?usp=sharing

Google drive is vexing me and not showing in the preview. Look at the bear scramble past the giants. This is what you do when you get curious about spawns. The afk character in the middle isn't mine.
  4. Arkanny Augur

Hmm no fam, i'm quite sure spawns have been reduced. where once there were easily 10+ scarecrows on the whole farm, 3 just in front of the husts, 2 uphill, and more to the far side of the farm. Now there's like 4-5 on the whooooole place. And yeah, i know about Unrest, i just didn't wanna go there. I know it's prolly not gonna fix anything, but here i am complaining!
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All the Karanas are on a mob rotation. Just like in North Karana you have to kill tons of other mobs to get the highland lions to spawn for the High Quality Lion Skin then it rotates around around again.

Pretty sure its the spiders you need to kill to get more scarecrows
    NecroDotty likes this.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

There is only a scripted mob rotation for a few NPCs. Most do have a random spawn rate. Each spawn point is linked to an NPC table with firm percentual spawn rates.