Merry Christmas everyone!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Merry Christmas to everyone and their families at Daybreak and to all the players of Everquest. And for those of other faiths please accept this greeting in the spirit it is intended one of peace and goodwill to all :)
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. Laronk Augur

YAY santa
  3. Nolrog Augur

MERRY CHRISTMAS. Hope everyone has a great day.
  4. Jezzie Augur

Socks again!
    [IMG]
    Merry Christmas all!
  5. Derd Augur

Merry Christmas to all, staff players and family of players you know the people who only see your back for a few hours every night :) Have a great holiday!
  6. Battleaxe Augur

May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

(By posting this I not only publicly promote my faith but allow you to participate in that promotion as a witness.

Season's greeting to those who those not inclined to proselytize or be the unwilling target of such activity this time of year. <- I share these wishes as a non-denominational greeting matching my actions and intentions. LLAP.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

And of course someone has to be a bag.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Crystilla like this.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

He can't help it. A non-denominational greeting doesn't suffice when the opportunity to proselytize appears.

You did perhaps notice "Frostfell" in game? Not promoting specific religious beliefs in a mixed population public venue shouldn't be a new concept for you then.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You need a safe place in your life I think.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Mayfaire Augur

Merry Christmas/Happy Hollydaze Corwhyn and all! :D

[IMG]
    gnomeboss, Spellfire, Silv and 2 others like this.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

Fortunately the forums are intended to be a safe place where EVERYBODY can comfortably post. And EQ is where Frostfell and not Christmas is observed. Too safe for some? Post in a private forum or hold mass (if you are of that persuasion) Sunday in a private chat channel. People are entitled to privately celebrate their not held by everyone personal faith. However they should not be allowed, and AFAIK are not allowed, to promote that faith in game on on the forums.
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You just made me laugh, kid. Merry Christmas to you.
  13. Battleaxe Augur

Seasons Greetings.

(You made me laugh too, but not in a happy way. It's not difficult to share non-religious greetings. There are numerous websites offering hundreds of appropriate messages. With enlightened companies adopting that policy there's practically an industry.)
  14. Mayfaire Augur

I think the ridic and overblown "war on Christmas" people and the "omg you said Merry Christmas near me and it made my eyeballs burst" people should all be forced into a locked room to fight it out and leave the rest of us alone. :p
    Spellfire, Tarvas and Sancus like this.
  15. Zeiss New Member

[IMG]
    Klak, Quuq and Mayfaire like this.
  16. Sancus Augur

Merry Christmas all :D

(I wasn't going to post in this thread, but with Battleaxe's post I couldn't resist).
    Silv, Klak and Mayfaire like this.
  17. Klak Augur

"On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642"

-NDT

Merry Xmas people. People get so upset if you are against religion. It's hilarious. Religion is dumb. I still celebrate Xmas tho cuz family.
    Silv and Darkark like this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually it was very traditional for EQ of not so long ago to celebrate everything including pagan stuff... I suspect you forgot one of our old community relations peeps. Btw saying Merry Christmas is far from proselytizing. You are just a sad and disagreeable person :)

But you strangely do the same thing with your spaghetti god. Which is classic Battleaxe. The really funny part is where Battleaxe talks all about the forums to be a safe place to post then takes shots at people. LOL>
    Tarvas likes this.
  19. Darkark Augur

Crikey ... this thread needs a good reset. Perhaps someone can start a new one that isn't so divisive.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

When you say everyone you mean Battleaxe only. Because it seems to have caused you all sorts of problems just because I said Merry Christmas. Dude seriously you have that much problem with Merry Christmas? Seriously? You are just hopeless.

I suspect it's simply because I posted it you cannot give up a chance to disagree with me somehow.

Btw Everquest the game does not promote any RL relition nor should it. Being able to say Merry Christmas to everyone shouldn't be an issue though.

It wasn't long ago when we had community managers that all sorts of religious holdiays were mentioned. Well never Christmas but everthing else was :)