Fixed Internally Mercs losing buffs when they level

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bernel, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Bilderov Augur

I can't believe this change happened without a bare minimum level of testing. Its the kind of thing a programmer would do without having a testing team - just made a quick change, shouldn't affect anything else - put it live.

Was this chang to removing the merc buffs on personas a hotfix or did it go out on the test servers first? I doubt the test server player-base would have missed this.
    JulieMay64 likes this.
  2. Bernel Augur

Glad to see the tag is now "Fixed Internally". Hopefully will put an end to the situations where you level, the merc loses his buffs, dies, and then you die and lose the level:

[IMG]
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  3. Meeko Developer(Code)

This issue (and this one) will be fixed with the next monthly update. Sorry for the hassle they've caused.
    Ndaara, Barton-Vox, Ryona and 2 others like this.
  4. Bernel Augur

Thanks!
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  5. Dylan97 New Member

I first reported this bug on Dec 16 - Nothing has been done to fix it. I am pissed and disappointed - I have cancelled 2 accounts - maybe it will take a lot more people to do the same before something is done about it. Both accounts are at least 17 years old representing a lot of time and money invested. The I get a message saying "
    SAY IT ISN’T SO! YOU’VE CANCELED YOUR MEMBERSHIP.

From - get this for sincerity - DONOTREPLY at DB games!
    Adios
  6. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

Thanks for the fix Meeko
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I can't believe this was pushed to live,
    I also can't believe it is going to take so long to fix (push out to Live).
  8. Evad77 New Member

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Fri Feb 09 07:11:19 2024

Character: Level 109 Cleric (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Target NPC: a banshee defender
    Target Location: 511.88, -35.75, 2.06, 443.00

Description: Spent hours in Guild Lobby receiving Mass Group Buffs. Using Overseer tasks I achieved a new level. When I did it appears that my Mercenary lost all it's buffs.
  9. Hegsheoshed Augur

This is one of the few things I am waiting on before I redo some subs now. Just having 3 boxes with 3 functioning video cards is not enough. Having fun with the Steam Deck my brother sent me though.