Mercenary stop using certain abilities after player death

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ArttAley, Sep 30, 2022.

1. ArttAley New Member

Category: Mercenaries
    Date/Time: Fri Sep 30 21:29:09 2022

Character: Level 62 Cleric (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: At Lv. 61, my tank mercenary started to use area taunt and whirlwind abilities. However, I died once and dropped to 0.000% experience, only not losing my level owing to the all access perk I have in effect. After this, my mercenary stopped using the area taunt and whirlwind abilities, and would not use them even after zoning, logging out and back in, or suspending and unsuspending. It wasn't until I reached Lv. 62 that my mercenary started using those area abilities again.
  2. ArttAley New Member

It is happening again, this time at Lv. 70, but I have not died once since my initial post. No matter what I do, including swapping mercenaries (I hired a second one to try it as I had seen a post saying it worked before), my Stonegrabber Defender is not using Mercenary Area Taunt or Whirlwind Blade when fighting multiple mobs. I am at a loss as to how to fix this.
  3. Mithra Augur

What version merc is it? What mobs are you fighting and how many are there? Is the tank merc working fine other than not using those 2 abilities? Is he failing to hold aggro on all the mobs?
  4. ArttAley New Member

The merc is working fine in the regards of being a tank. It's just those two AoE abilities that he's just not using.