Merc gear...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kolil, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Kolil New Member

I am new to mercs and just recently purchased COTF expac. Where do I get merc gear and what lvl do I need to be to get it? Currently I'm only 51 Pally and plan on staying 51 get some AA.... Anyways any help would be great!
  2. Malkavius Augur

Need to be 95+. And when you do finally get some merc gear you will laugh at how utterly useless it is.
    Raludar likes this.
  3. Sebbina Augur

There are very few worthwhile AA at 51, Runspeed 3, Innate regeneration 3, buying innate stats points is a waste of AA until you have many 1000s and nothing else left to buy- defiant gear will quickly max out your stats.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Whereas when you get your T2 hat to replace your T1 hat, you become much more powerful?

J5 mercs are raid mercs. They have raid gear innately. You're just upgrading.

I've also heard people complain about the AAs. "All that fuss and my tank gets 2ac. Whoop-de-do!" Well, I haven't parsed it, but 2ac would be rather significant to a player if it were below-the-soft-cap "shield AC."
  5. Malkavius Augur

I wasn't complaining just stating how incredibly little it actually adds to the merc. The AA's are far more useful IMO.
  6. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I have no idea where you were going with this reply. =P
  7. Sebbina Augur

No where special, just that the OP said would be sitting at 51 to collect AA, some folk particularly those new to AA buy every possible one available, and innate stat points are mostly a waste of effort.
  8. Feistmeister Journeyman

The first best place to pause, if that is what you want to do, is level 59...

That said, run speed 3 is nearly SoW and as such, very handy (and cheaper) :)