Merc gear and stats bugged?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gochan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Gochan Journeyman

I been trying to find out why the last couple days my merc is hitting so slow and doing less dps. Me and my wife's toons both have a rogue merc, mine has many merc aa's and is geared with merc gear, hers has nothing. Yet on the merc stats page she has better stats hp and AC more attack and has 150% haste compared to mine with much less stats and only showing 60% haste? We both have exactly the same buffs on them. Bugged or broke? My wifes non geared merc and no aa's hitting alot faster and doing much more damage.

Gochan
  2. Axxius Augur

Is your merc Apprentice I while your wife's Journeyman V?
  3. Goth Augur

I dont know about yall but melee DPS merc stinks. switch to the caster DPS.
  4. porky Augur

I have to agree, the caster DPS mercs even make better tank mercs than the tank mercs... go go crazy SoE.
  5. Gochan Journeyman

Both are Journeyman V mercs.
  6. Gochan Journeyman

Already know caster mercs are probably better, but not the point here, point is melee dps merc got weaker as I geared them and increased there aa's. Just tested again and sure enough still the same, less stats and lower haste then a merc with nothing. Attack stats from gear not even showing up properly.

Goch
  7. Axxius Augur

Can you make a screenshot of your merc's inv/stat page before and after adding the gear?
  8. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I just know that I (Cleric) have like 2k more AC than any of my mercs do, and a horde of hitpoints more. Maybe I should just tank and let the mercs assist me? =)
  9. McDougal Augur

Actually that would be pretty effective LOL.
  10. Goth Augur

raid gear will do that. i think raid gear caster has more AC than the mercs and perhaps even more than a group geared tank lol.
  11. Gochan Journeyman

Well a new day and still have the same issue, my merc for some reason is still ungodly slow doing terrible dps and stuck with messed up stats and 60% haste. Will work on it somemore today, can try deleting the merc and getting a new one maybe. /shrug

Goch
  12. Axxius Augur

Why won't you post a screenshot on the merc stat page with and without the gear?
  13. Goth Augur

perhaps not easy to post a screenshot?
  14. Axxius Augur

:eek: o_O I don't even...

Gochan pls let me know if you need help posting a screenshot.
  15. Tx-Canyon New Member

Another issue is buffs. With mercs having literally half as many buff slots we need a way to block them. My tank merc really doesn't need spell casting haste from a cleric merc, but half the time my Leopard line won't land due to too many buffs.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Same merc skin?, there have been bugs with particular merc races in the past.
  17. BoomWalker Augur

What will that do in helping resolve the dps issue exactly?

It was known when CoTF released that the dps of mercs (caster and rogue) were horrible. Was reported in beta several times and nothing was done until it went live...simply sounds like the same 'feature' of horrible dps is still around but now when you gear this wonderful helpful merc gear.

Pictures will help clear this issue up for sure!!!
  18. Gochan Journeyman

Ill work on posting some screenies today, working 12 hour shifts this week so just need a lil time is all.

Thanks, Goch
  19. Axxius Augur

Nobody else was able to reproduce this issue so far. Maybe he is missing something else? "A picture is worth a thousand words."
  20. BoomWalker Augur

Hehe..sure is...shows a merc hitting slower (the op stated this was a problem) for sure...

While the stats may be nice to see...it is unlikely to provide any real information to help resolve the issue. If a merc has 100 AC without gear and 110 AC with gear...that isn't going to show the merc hitting slower or for less DPS is it?

But lets see pictures of the stats window to show us all why the merc has lower dps...at least it is one les thing for people to suggest as a "fix" to the problem.