Merc Concerns (Reddit repost)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bortage, Jun 1, 2018.

1. bortage spammin lifetaps

I posted the following on Reddit earlier, and would like to cross-post here for maximum exposure. Please let me know if you have any thoughts regarding these matters.

"I use either the healer merc (max aa) or the wizzy merc (2 aa from max) for general use these days when no healers or dps friends are available, and I got some questions.
    Has anyone else noticed a drop in healing from 105 to 110 for the merc? I don't have any of my EoK logs anymore so I can't really do a good job of scouring them for this information, but it really feels like the healer at 110 does a worse job and heals at lower % than the 105 did. This could also be a relative increase in mob damage, I can't really check because I lost all my old logs.
    This one is a lot easier for me to check, but I don't have EQ access for a bit. The wizard merc used to be top dog, relatively speaking, for dps, just set it to burn and let 'er rip until it goes oom, balanced to mana up and repeat. I've been told that melee mercs outburn wizzies now, and don't run oom. Has anyone parsed this? If not, I'll try to remember to come back when I have EQ access and check it out, but I don't think you can parse mercs on guild hall dummies at the moment, so it won't be the most scientific thing ever.
    edit: I had time to do a quick run through some mobs with both dps mercs, caster has 11/12 Mystical Destruction while melee only has 10/12 Rising Fury but that should only be a 1% difference. My results are: Caster - 27.9k dps Melee - 16.9k dps
    Both mercs were unbuffed and on Burn, however the caster merc was bleeding mana. Both mercs were using full EoK healer gear.
    edit 2: I got the opportunity just now to parse a 105 caster merc on the same mobs, it started out with the same dps as the caster 110 but halfway through my parse stopped hitting as hard and this was the final dps: Caster 105 - 16.8k dps
    I will be copy-pasting this to the official forums shortly as well, maybe this information will be helpful to someone there."

As soon as I get the chance, I'll be running healer-parses in relevant content.
  2. Gnomeland Augur

Yes, they're trash. What more needs to be said?