Merc ACC Pathetic, Avoidance increase a crock!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kablam, Dec 1, 2014.

1. silku Augur

My wife and I have taken several named on Thul Island with a tank merc. Sometimes he dies near the end sometimes not. Bear in mind that I do have all the merc AA and a full set of AC merc gear from COTF on him, but he seems to tank fine for a mercenary. Single mobs he's fine with. Multiples are iffy but as long as I mez them quick and he's only got the one hitting him he does just fine. I find knowing when to passive him and when to turn back to aggressive can be invaluable in him surviving a multi pull.
  2. Brogett Augur

Don't trust the stat number shown.

Displayed AC is not the real AC being used by the game. There was a long post explaining all this somewhere.

I think that the jist of it was that mercs don't get the same reduction in AC over the softcap that players get, so their mitigation is much higher than you'd think given their AC values. If they need to be better tanks, then IMO it should come through avoidance, dodge, ripost, etc. Much like it would on a player.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Part of the problem that mercs may have is their total lack of secondary stats (shielding, spell shielding) that most player characters have maxed or near maxed simply by wearing current equipment, since secondary stats are on everything that players wear but are completely missing from merc stats and merc equipment. The only secondary stats we see for mercs are H/M/E regens, spell damage, and healing power. I would not suggest giving mercs enough secondary stats to even come close to what a real player has, grouping with a player should always be the obviously better option, but maybe mercs ought to have some secondary stat values greater than zero.
  4. Grummy_NB Augur

why don't they just make the merc tank equal to the mag pet tank? everyone would be happy right?
    Metanis, Axxius and guado like this.