Merc AA grinding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ishtass, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Ishtass Augur

Anyone have any tips for ways to grind merc AA up? Is it better to fast kill green or light blue mobs, or hunt in groups, etc?
  2. Mary Poppins Augur

I can't really answer your question, as I only did grouping. But personally, I monitored my mercs AA when they first came out and it was frustrating. I stopped giving a rip and just did whatever and it was a lot better for my sanity.

I would recommend not doing anything special to get merc aa's - just work on other things while keeping your merc up whenever possible. It'll eventually gain the aa's you want, and you won't lose any sleep over it.

This is especially true for you, Tass - you need all the beauty rest you can get...

(But stay off my bed)

Love,
    Morit
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

Probably works exactly like evolving experience. Whatever gets you the most ep over time should get you the most merc aa over time.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Highest the mobs are the better the XP is... I got my first 200 doing DH HAs when i was farming my Antiquity analizer the first 2 week CofT came out and got the rest maxed mass killing in chapter farming Oath of Marr

Always make sure that ur merc is out when you have quest rewards and i had a bunch of collectible reward that i picked xp been max AA even so they barelly give any and i could have kept the collectible and click when more AAs will be available i told my self that at my rate who care lol.
  5. Ishtass Augur

Cool, thanks guys.

Your bed was so comfy before you burned it Morit.
  6. Apathy Elder

Shroud down and get a merc. Merc AAs are slow coming on my main, 94.
    I leveled up a wiz from scratch and I had 3 times the merc AAs by level 60.
  7. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

This is the closest way I can explain it too. I would add that the relative level of what you kill matters more than the amount of experience it would give to a regular PC. Find high level "over-cons" and have fun.

On that note, there are also ways to level evolving items that are probably NOT "working as intended."
  8. Draego Augur

Well said Mary, but it is very clear that rate at which Mercs gain AA exp is far worse than players trying to gaining regular experience off green mobs from level 95 to 100. With that said I feel that maybe they should at least look at tweaking this a fraction; not much but I feel Mercs should at least gain their AA exp at a rate that is equivalent to Player regular experience.

Have you already tried shrouding down to do this, I would be interested in the results.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

Please don't call me that...
  10. Draego Augur

Well just tried this via level 5 Molo with a existing 95 shrouded down and then again with a freshly purchased level 5 merc.
    Total Merc AA exp gained:
    95 shrouded down: 0%
    fresh purchased 5: 0%

Tried this at level 70 grouped with my lvl 100 Pally in the Grounds (Hot Zone).
    Total Merc AA exp gained:
    70 Shrouded: 0%

The merc will not gain AA exp while owner is shrouded by the results I have witnessed. All three trials Merc AA exp was at 39% starting and ended with 39%.

Advice to anyone else, don't bother wasting your time.
    Ishtass likes this.
  11. Apathy Elder

Ok, thanks for testing that out Draego.
  12. Draego Augur

LOL, NP, I was bored while waiting for Sam Napth timers to reset for toons I wanted to get certain things on, figured I'd test it while waiting.
  13. Marshall Maathers Augur

I ran around doing as many RoF group missions as I could 3-box. The rewards were massive merc exp at one point. I have heard that they stealth nerfed that though, but worth checking out.
  14. Pwnography Augur

Merc AA gains were nerfed in a dramatic fashion at some point after CoTF release. It used to be the case that rewards at the end of group missions would grant a large sum to your merc as well. AA rewards also had an impact. I would save all my mission rewards until i could pull out a merc, then gain a huge amount by claiming all the xp when I had one available. That doesnt appear to be the case anymore.

I would be willing to bet that most, if not all, of players with very high merc AA counts received them pre-nerf as I did. The pace is horrifically slow now.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

I used to have about 30/35% per HA the first 2 weeks that CotF came out and now about 10/15%, that involve the XP gains inside the HA. I thought at some point that the more you have the harder they get but ya that make sense now.

The last 100 was very slow but for the little they give... They max at 310/15 banked there is no rush of geting them all in a day.I dint want to max subtle magic for my clerc merc as i was able to use 3 of them on a few task to OT some NPCs that was suposed to be protected from waves of mobs but the NPC was rushing into the wave like berserkers and dying to quick so my cleric mercs was doign a better job at tanking them then a tank. They also make DS pling go faster, with 3 clerc mercs healing each others with DS they goes down way faster then if i was tanking them on any of my 3 toons.