Fixed Merc AA Buy All Button Charging For Ranks Not There

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cragzop, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Been noticing strange behavior with merc aas and the Buy All button.

On a toon, was at 27/28 for Improved Mana with 1 rank left to purchase for 10 merc aas. Had 28 aas banked. Pressed the Buy All button for the 1 rank of Improved Mana.

The window popped up telling me I was about to buy 4 ranks for 27 aas ... and actually charged me 27 aas for that last rank of Improved Mana.

So something weird is going on at the end of merc line purchases when you have more aas banked.
  2. TrueNorth Developer

This issue has been confirmed and is now being tracked internally. Thank you for your report!

It appears that when the limit on the currently selected AA line reached, (in this case 28/28 for Improved Mana), Buy All will use any additional points to purchase another AA line, (in this case 3 ranks totaling 17 points).

In your example the total purchase was 4 ranks totaling 27 points as shown in the confirmation window, just not 4 ranks of Improved Mana.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

This was not true for a character I just bought merc aas on.

I had 17 merc aas available on the character. Improved Mana was 27/28 and Furious Wrath was 0/18, Silent Arcanum 0/18, Subtle Magic 0/18, Subtle Strikes 0/18.

Tried to purchase the last rank of Improved Mana with Buy All. Got a popup window for Buy 4 ranks for 16 aas. But the character only got the Improved Mana 28/28 rank. The other 4 lines are still at 0/18. And 16 aas were used up.

(Also note that the 4 ranks were just wrong as well since there would have been only 3 ranks if it spilled over)
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I can add that on the TLP servers, the Buy All would show the total cost of remaining ranks even if some of those ranks weren't available due to not having the corresponding expansion unlocked. It would only consume the AA needed to buy the ranks that were purchasable though.

My guess would be the ranks for Luclin are already in data, so they are showing on Buy All but not on current ranks.
  5. Meeko Developer(Code)

This has been fixed internally and will go live with next month's update. Using Buy All should only purchase ranks of the AA that you have selected.
    Velisaris_MS, Stymie and Nennius like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yay!

Of course, you fix it AFTER I've maxed out all my merc AA on my three toons. :D
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

You one percenters. :) I am in much the same position TBH.