Melee Dps endgame.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Draven84, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Draven84 New Member

Hey there just a question about melee/hybrid classes in EOK. Truth be told I left back around pop era like so many did and never returned untill SOL on fippy and that was only for a moment. I played ragefire untill kunark and switched to Phinny and have played there since launch. Honestly I'm having a great time there 60 Ranger 60 shaman 60 Bst but kinda at the point of yep VT done it GE been grinding it and just want a change of pace. I'd really enjoy just rediscovering all this content. My question in a nutshell is ranger/sham or sk/sham I know how well these duo. I know most forms of duos. I just don't want to put myself in a situation where I level to 105 and get there and am unable to find a group or a spot in a raid force. My fav class is ranger and sk so I guess its my choice in the end of the old "play what u like" I guess I'm seeking a little direction. Thanks all for your time.
  2. Yendar Augur

zerker is the best melee dps.
    Sks and chanters are OP.

SK, Zerker works...
    Enchanter, SK works well.
    Bards also make a lot of things easier..

if you have an SK or an Enchanter in your duo you can do just about everything... if you have both everything's really easy.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  3. Draven84 New Member

so where do rangers fit in the mix. "bring a cleric lol"
  4. Avory Augur

Odd I just had this discussion last night with my guild rangers.

I feel a SK/Ranger would make one of the best duos. SK/cleric merc and a Ranger/DPS merc is pretty power.

Now it depends on your ability to play the classes, AA's, areas you fight and gear of course. But if you are lets say in EoK and the SK and rangers have good aa and decent gear you should do very well.

You will take better than a merc by far and dps should be strong. Pally might only be better for slays, if you are in a expansion/area with undead. But lots of EoK has headshotable stuff.
    Jhenna_BB and Draven84 like this.
  5. Draven84 New Member

Sounds good honestly. I think for the most part I want to have a shaman no matter what so its ranger or sk with the sham. Im sure sk I would be able to do alot more but I think at the end of the day im a Ranger at heart. Headshot in EOK sounds great. And no I'm far from there still in my 30s lol. I am on FV so pretty twinked But I think I might move to a different server with a better Raid population. I heard Bristle or Luclin was the place to be>?
  6. Karthos Augur

I would say currently SK/Shm is quite a bit better than Rng/Shm. This is due to the OPness of tanks right now. With an SK/Shm you could do just about anything in the game right now. Many people feel some type of nerf is inc for tanks though, so keep that in mind.

Ranger/shaman is a really good duo and if you really love ranger then this is a good choice. Currently rangers are in a good spot and I feel that they have been well balanced for quite a few expansions now. Headshot at 105 in EoK is . There are lots of blue con humanoid type mobs all over EoK and a ranger can really do well with his bow now. You can even solo ~120 aa's in half an hour on lesson burn in Frontier Mountains.

As far as servers Bristlebane is indeed one of the high populations live servers. I would say Bristlebane, Cazic Thule and Xegony would make excellent choices. There are many guilds available on these servers both raiding and casual.
  7. Minato Augur

as for the raid game both sk and ranger bring a lot to a raid so it depends what server you are looking at and how populated each of those classes are. As much love as sks have right now if you enjoy both id say ranger because there are usually enough tanks per raid but a ranger brings adps dps and CC to raids so unless every group has a ranger i see them being looked for more over a sk but again it depends on the server you choose to go to.

Both duo's can pretty much knock out any group content with sk being much much easier to tank eok but ranger being much much faster named farming (track + dps) with some named iirc having over 180m hp the sk could afk auto attack it but would take a lot longer plus finding named would take more time.
  8. Draven84 New Member

All excellent info. and thanks for the input. I'm actually on FV kinda nice to have some of the no drop gear from lvl 1. I do think I'll move onto a more mainstream server with a standard ruleset. I think Bristlebane is where I'll head.
  9. Tucoh Augur

A tanks make fighting tough encounters much, much easier than using pets or tank mercs.

Ranger/Bards are great for tracking.

In EoK for non-raiders a big part of the game is named hunting, and tracking makes this much easier. For general purpose questing, track is hugely useful too.

I think the best duo right now is SK/bard. I recommend people who are planning to duo consider a trio to finish a group (3 boxed, 3 mercs). Good thing about a trio is you can add a pure DPS class + dps merc and dramatically increase your kill speed over a duo.
  10. Thraine Augur

I use a ranger/enchanter combo. Ranger tank/dps/CC/tracking .. enchanter CC/adps/dps/tank in a pinch

Im not a very good boxer and i dont use any kinda of boxing programs so i prefer to not use 2 melee classes. The enchanter is a game changer tbh, its like EQ on easy mode :)

Ive never been one to make a "flavor of the month" toon just cause they are OP. SKs are currently the flavor of the month it seems, but that prolly wont last for long
  11. fransisco Augur

Sks have been very powerful for years.
  12. MrMajestykx Augur

monk shaman bard ftw. kaedyn too if he is around