melee augs and monk h2h?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Leftharted, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Leftharted Elder

so i was think of starting a monk on Agnarr; but curious how the augments work with h2h?

truth be told, i dont know Anything about the augs.. i assume they take an actual item/weapon to be put into.. so how do monks utilize this with fists?

thanks much 8P
  2. Aegir Augur

I'd guess the Plane of sky quest Fists are worth Aug'ing in Era until epics takes over which you can't aug. In Velious, Tunare/Vulak and Primal fists will be augable again.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Yes, or even the dropped posky fists. Basically anything from posky will beat empty fists in classic, with or without aug (the aug is just a small bonus.)
  4. Raltar Augur

You need an actual weapon to use the melee augs. If you don't use a weapon, you don't get to use the augs. However, monk fists are supposed to be stupid strong in classic, so you aren't missing much by not having the augs.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Monk fists are already the least crappy option in a list of seriously bad options.
    No weapon no aug
    Welcome to classic... err wait we didnt have any augs so ... welcome to Classic(tm)
  6. Carns Lorekeeper

bare fist, you are still light years ahead of other melee with augs.

least crappy option my .
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It was parsed on Ragefire and again on phinny, Sky weapon + mudman enforcer out parse bare hands at 50. If only by a few %.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Depends on the point of reference... perhaps that needs cleaning.

You know what is coming down the line, ever see a monk bare handing it in SoL and beyond?
    And you know how bad everything else is for now.

Yeah only good when compared to even worse options.
    And a lot of these jerks wanted them nerfed...
  9. Carns Lorekeeper

Classic troll level austism excuse.
    "I'm not wrong, I'm talking about a year from now!"

If a person asks a tonight question, they want a tonight answer
  10. Rhodz Augur

And they got one, best available for now among bad choices, you just didn't like the verbiage.
    Typical troll
  11. taliefer Augur

you still have those parses? there was no scenario in which either hole weapon was better than even bare fists in classic when i parsed while playing a monk on phinny. and its holding true on this server, monks using bare fists are crapping on monks using hole weapons on the raids ive seen. granted im not inspecting buffs and gear, so haste levels may be different.

whitened treant main/bare off was the optimal setup until you were able to obtain the more rare quested weapon
  12. Amoeba Augur

lol, I am just imagining the monk simply holding the augs in his hand... beating on mobs...
  13. Hadesborne Augur

Before anyone starts complaining about how horrible your choices are, realize that Monk DPS is 50% (or even higher) more than it was in classic. ANY choice you make will be fine because you simply will be out DPSing every other class because monks DPS is broken (as in too good).
  14. Rhodz Augur

That would be what they call subjective.
    Just as much of a case may be made that the other classes being too low are broken which is exactly my stance. You cannot compare damage now to classic as the mobs were buffed at one point some years back but you know that already.
  15. Hadesborne Augur

Melee damage as a whole has been buffed to much higher levels than they were back in the day, and it will get worse over the next few expansions. Monks have gotten the LION'S SHARE of the melee buffs. Having melee augments in game prior to LDoN was probably a bit too much. We can all look back on the last few expansions on Phinny and truthfully understand this.
  16. Leftharted Elder

What about those old self heal tomes, and throw stone?

I know those are technically out of era, but considering we have other out of era items, figured it be worth asking 8P