Melee AA request: Forceful Rejuve for Disciplines

Discussion in 'Melee' started by zomb54, Apr 12, 2013.

1. zomb54 Lorekeeper

Title says it all. I and a few friends think a Forceful Rejuvenation AA for pure melees' Discs [WAR,ROG,BER,MNK] would be wunderbar to have. Ie. resets timers to 0 or reduce timer by 50%. Why? Well it would drastically affect raid burns. But wait ... aren't there a slew of posts requesting melee rescaling?

And yes, there are issues with some abilities that should not be used twice in a row as that would horribly unbalance encounters. Yes some abilities are way too powerful. Thank you nay-sayers, we've got that covered. Defensive, comes to mind -- there's a slew of others.

Surely there's a way to block some discs from having the FR benefit. At the very least, the Forceful Rejuve for melees could reduce the existing timer by 50%.

Please think about a constructive reply before trashing (criticism is fine, just be constructive). Thank you.
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Yes, sometimes I could go rage about that re-use timers ... especially for short-up disciplines.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

My only concern is that I don't understand why you want to limit it to pure melee discs only. The five hybrid classes have in the last 6-8 expansions been overloaded with disciplines too. Also, due to the nature of all the activated aa lines, it might not hurt to request the discipline version of FR affect aa's as well.

There was some talk a few years ago about your idea by a developer, but I think the alternate route taken was to reduce most disciplines' re-use timers to a reasonable level (either the base time, through the use of hastening aa lines, or both).
  4. Recnarp Augur

I wouldn't mind if there was a Force Rejuv for discs that are less than 1-2 min reuse. But, to say you can Force Rejuv 20min+ discs would cause a lot of imbalance I think.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

There's a way for spells, at least- Forceful Rejuvenation will not refresh Twincast. I think that's one of the primary differences between Forceful on spells, and Forceful on discs- on spells, it gives you one cast; on discs, it's giving you the equivalent of many spells, since discs tend to be things that alter the effect of other things for a certain amount of time.

Or were you referring only to instantaneous duration or short duration combat abilities, like Ridicule, Crane Stance, and the like?
  6. fransisco Augur

forceful rejuv is worthless for most classes now days. Any spell u want to refresh (multiple minute recast - twincast, harvest type spells, ect) are all not effected by it.

Looking at the way forceful rejuv worked out, you would be able to use your resist and fearless disc's twice, and everything else would be blocked.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I can only potentially seeing this happen if it only applies to instant one shot disciplines. Anything that has a duration I cannot see it happening.

I have a monk alt. I can see being able to refresh Crane Stance for that extra DPS boost on an event. But to be able to refresh Speedfocus? That is way too over powering...
  8. fransisco Augur

Really though, why would it ever happen. Its just a giant arbitrary boost to all non casters that isn't really needed
  9. sojuu Augur

It would help alot imo. Tanks could tank again faster after a wipe and would help bring melee closer to casters.
  10. fransisco Augur

being able to use all your dps disc x2 would sky rocket burns. It would be stupid. Can mages get a 100k base aa click nuke too?
  11. zomb54 Lorekeeper

Clearly you don't play a pure melee class. Let me know when you roll a monk, rogue, zerker, or warrior. Then come back and post your input. This thread ain't about comparing x to y classes, lord know there's more than enough of that on these boards.

I've played 2 pure melee, 2 pure caster, 1 priest, and 3 hybrids past level 85. There is a huge discrepency in the capabilities and most importantly the fun factor ie. the playability of pure melees. They are weak and in the current PVE environment cannot stand toe to toe vs. foes.

I do not want the merits of this idea to be derailed because one troll comes along and says everything is fine. That's like the China telling Syria the economy is fine and not to worry.
  12. sojuu Augur

I do have to agree with zomb54 because clearly cicelee has no idea on the issue at hand. (S)he compared casters with melee using not even the best monk disc for the highest dps ratio. If they had any idea of what was going on and why melee needed the boost with an AA of this sort they would not have said the comment at all. Sure back several expansions ago that arguement would have held merrit but hasnt for a while now. Especially since monks have been broken for a while now and are just now seeing fixes and in no way could ever be comparable to a caster dps wise until after today's fixes come.

Only good would come from an AA of this sort for melee.