Medallion Mobs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by wildo, Dec 31, 2017.

1. wildo New Member

Any way we can get the Medallion mob spawns a bit increased killing 19 ph's for one Medallion is a bit insane.. Also any word on when OT mission will be back
  2. Warpeace Augur

Some seem to be ok spawn rate wise but some are far more rare than the others. Not sure if the spawn rate on the more shy ones was intended because while it might just be range it seems set extremely low. The way it is now each medallion seems to have one out of the three that almost refuses to spawn.

Apparently they intended you to cycle through the HA missions to get you medallion pieces.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I've had good stretches and bad ones.
    2days of camping a key-part dropper without a pop and then several in a row or with only one PH or two in between.

The real issue in my eyes isn't the RNG/poprate, but that its only one mob per piece and in a static zone - they are (and most likely will be for quite some time) perma-camped.
    So to the time one needs to spend actually killing PHs, we need to also factor in the times we have to wait/check for and move to an uncamped one.

I cannot see this in anyway, even find the thought ridiculous.
    That exploit aside, how can they have INTENDED for a group of 6 to get their key pieces from a RANDOM drop of a SINGLE one per 6hrs?
    Even under the best of conditions it'd take
    In my eyes, the random key part is clearly meant as an "extra", not the "main way" to complete the whole key.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try /pick, when I was doing my VP key we found a pick which only had 3 people in HS, we joined that and got our key pieces, Same with Gorowyn found a pick with only 12 instead of 23. The only zone this doesn't appear to be working on at the moment is OT.
  5. TheStugots Augur

Not to call you out or say I did it and so should you, but seriously?

I farmed VP keys for 6 toons. I looted 5 pieces from missions, the other 49 from camping mobs.

RoS isn't even a month old yet and you post a thread like this...because you haven't gotten your VP key fast enough? Amazing.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

/pick is a nice idea, but the implementation is horrible imo.
    We did that, not for VP key or some named but general XPing (so i was in live group).
    The problems with it start for me in that it's only available when there are a certain number of people in the base zone.
    And the biggest issue i have is the dumping back into the base zone, once the number of people in the base zone drops below some threshold...
    I've had that happen once (in the above-mentioned group, thankfully) and if there was a warning, it was lost to some "battlespam" (even though in the window i only have relatively few messages).
    We were - thankfully - about to pull when we found ourselves "zoning" and placed at the same spot in the base zone - which was not camped and therefore full of mobs (that we had of course cleared in the /pick). We could handle the situation, but it's experiences like that which let ME prefer the base zone if at all possible.

On the other hand, that is why i like "normal" instances.
    I can slack there, time pops there etc... withou tthe risk of being dumped into a full respawn of whatever camp i'm holding.

But generally a good idea, yes - just one i tend to overlook due to my (bad) experiences.