Mayor Salvador West

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Mazame Augur

Can some one please fix Mayor Salvador West . He on the roof out of hail range.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is possible to get on top of some of the roofs, by jumping/levitating and utilizing the decor.

but, yeah he is up there a lot, and figuring out weird jumping-puzzles shouldn't be necessary. :(
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Heile Lorekeeper

Time for some parkour.....

4. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

I can't get to him either and levitate doesn't work :/ I sent in a bug report but I am stuck until I can at least hail him. How long is it going to take to fix this? Jan 28th? Come on.
  5. CM99games Journeyman

I got up there by using a bard with selos on a mage with rocket boots. The side you want to approach from is the heights side.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did his quests on AB a couple of weeks ago, he was either in his office (end of quest) or outside in the street. (start quest)

Server specific ?
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I met him outside on the ground.
    But really, he should stay put. Unless he has sane pathing.
  8. segap Augur

It's been a bug since TBM. Him and the other quest givers in that zone randomly wander away from where they should be and get stuck in strange places.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

One of the best eq videos ever created
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Gundolin Augur

Way off topic but isn't levitate disabled in the demiplane of Life?
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, now you got me to wonder...
    I know it is disabled in the raid instance at least, as I remember jumping down the center pit for raids.

However I also remember using the lamplights to jump up to mayor west on the roof(non-instanced), I can't remember if I actually used levitation for that though.
  12. Sindaiann Augur

It's disabled iirc
  13. svann Augur

steamjet pack will jump you pretty high. havent tested it there but worth a try
  14. Gundolin Augur

TBH I just remember dieing from jumping down in the raid instance of the pit. I don't actually know about the real instance either. :)
  15. Raytan Augur

Just had to contact him a few times in the last 2 weeks or so, and no, levitate does not work in this zone. He was on the roof and did bug reports. I don't think this is intentional, but *shrugs*. Anyway, got gnome rocket boots and using some walls, was able to make my way up to his building to hail him. With the gnome boots and judicious use of surrounding walls, it can be done. And maybe it is intentional so people will have a use for the gnome rocket boots.

Had never used the boots before and really got a kick with experimenting with them in PoK. Jumping over and onto roofs with a single bound :)
  16. Tornicade_IV Augur

They Mayor is a busy man. whether its checking on the gardens, rallying the people or fixing the roof. he doesn't have time to just sit and wait for you to offer to help him spy on the bokon

I would love to see this fixed if not just for a patch message alone that's says something along the lines of - Mayor west has relinquished his roof repair duties
    Yinla and svann like this.