Maximum haste for charmed pets ?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Haegar, May 12, 2013.

1. Haegar Augur

Does anyone know what haste i can use on a charmed pet for maximum effect ?

I wonder if all things equip the summoned haste mask, if it´s better to use the fixed AA charm spell and haste, or the inherent spell in our new charm. Or is there any "haste" cap active ?
    Does anyone have exact haste numbers for our charm haste ?
  2. Tinyfeet Elder

My chanter hasn't been my main for a long time - but I do recall that finding mobs that could wear 2 weapons was the best thing for charming. Basically it unlocked their offhand delay, resulting in virtually double dps. But that was in PoP+GoD era (can see what I'm talking about if you go to tactics, for example, and give an ogre charm 2 weapons - if they're both visible then he is dual wielding and will kill another mob in a few seconds).

I can't honestly say if that still has any effect on content past SoD, I know it worked on the iksars in field of scale.

Good luck with finding the answer to your actual question, but this seemed relevant so here it is.
  3. silku Augur

Dual wielding is important. Most things in ROF do not, only pigs in grelleth that I have found. Other than that I don't bother with any items. I don't equip anything at all if I'm in any other ROF zone, just charm.
  4. Ismel Augur

Yes mobs that will equip items do benefit from a hast item, any 22% haste or better haste item will reach the 100% cap on haste, sadly aside from the pig´s in Grelleth, nothing will equip items in RoF, and its a huge decrease to charm dps and I bugged it every time both with RoF beta and for T3 with no response at all.
  5. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Some charmable giants in the new Kael also dual-wield. The Scouts in GP also backstab. T3 has DW pets too.

The highest-level Mage-summoned haste mask has a level requirement, so a lower-level mob might not equip it.

IIRC, the built-in haste is supposed to be the equivalent of the current Rk. I Enchanter haste, so Wonderous Rapidity should stack for 2% more haste, but of course WR won't fall off when charm breaks.

The haste cap (1 item + 1 spell) used to be 100% except for "overhaste," but it's been many, many years since I knew that to be the case, so it possibly is no longer true.
  6. silku Augur

Interesting, I've charmed everything blue that I've found in T3 and haven't found a dual wielding pet yet. I must have missed a mob somewhere.
  7. Haegar Augur

Thx for the replies.

This overhaste thing, did that ever work for pets at all ?
  8. Ismel Augur

Summoned: Visor of Gobeker
    Rec lvl 91
    Req lvl 70
    dont think thats a problem unless you fight in lower voa, but its definitely something to be aware off the same go for mag summoned weapons wont proc unless the pet is over level 90
    for the RoF weapons/haste mask, can always pester mags for a lower version P

I tested quite a few mobs in T3, and didnt find anything that will equip weapons, feel free to enlighten us what mob do equip weapons in T3.

overhaste is only possible with with a bard song or a self only clicky
    silku likes this.
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Apparently someone parsed it last night and the mob by CR zin that looks like it DWs, doesn't! Whoever parsed it should /bug it.
  10. Haegar Augur

What exactly did the parse say ?
    I know that the dual wielders hit for less (maximum hit) than the others, maybe thats why.