Marl Kastane - Missing Dialogue Prompt

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Taladir, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Taladir Augur

After turning in the Note to Marl for the Shadow Knight Epic Quest (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=766) Marl Kastane is missing the following dialogue:

You say, 'What prophecy?'

Marl Kastane says 'I suppose it is time for the secret to be shared. Ages ago, two brothers were born. Glohnor was highly favored by the pompous Lightbringer, whose name we do not utter. Lhranc was chosen by the Prince of Hate to bring destruction and turmoil to the sons of men. The one thing they shared in common was their love of the fair priestess, Kyrenna. Kyrenna fell deeply in love with Glohnor. When Lhranc discovered this, he was overcome with rage and unwisely attacked his brother, who happened to be far more adept in combat. The fight cost Lhranc dearly. He lost his dignity as well as an eye in the struggle. He was ordered to leave Freeport and live his life in exile from the only home he had ever known.

Instead, you only get this dialogue, which is from an earlier step in the quest:

You say, 'What prophecy?'

Marl Kastane says 'My apologies, {Your name} , I have said too much already. Instead, I have an errand to occupy your thoughts. Take this as proof that you are sent from me and find my brother in Paineel. I haven't spoken with him in some time now and his well being is essential to our family's destiny.

I believe this is related to the August 15, 2018 Game Update:

It appears as though the second version of Marl held the second response for the dialogue trigger, and it has been broken ever since.
    chinger and SarrahW like this.