Market Place Unlocker Idea.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarrin, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Tarrin Augur

I just want to set a disclaimer that I am just throwing mud against the wall and seeing what sticks. I also don't play a FTP account.

With RoF on the horizon, and as far as I have heard VoA will not be given for free to the FTP accounts..what if non current expansions could be sold on the Market Place for SC? Example would be, the day RoF goes live VoA would be available to be unlocked for ( random number here, fine tune as needed ) 2000 SC. Once RoF is no longer the current expansion, it can also be sold for 2000 SC. Of course, you would have to purchase expansions in order. This would eventually fall into the scope of " its easier to just buy the lastest expansion and get everything previous for free" in the long run, but be cheaper in the short run ( which what I believe is one of the draws of FTP ).

Yes, I know the price would be watered down via double/triple days. At the same time, though, this would open up more things a FTP would possibly buy. More AA unlockers. I believe VoA is needed for housing? So the chance of buying housing/hall items.

If this has been mentioned and discussed before, I am sorry! <3
  2. Naeeleu Elder

VoA isn't need for housing. housing came out in HoT everyone has access to the housing area since everyone was given HoT for free. VoA is needed if you want to place items in the new guild halls in the housing areas.
  3. Tarrin Augur

I couldnt exactly remember the housing/hall restrictions for HoT vs VoA. Thanks for the clarification! I just remembered having some FTP friends who complained about placing stuff in general.
  4. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Not a bad idea.. 2000 SC or something for VoA-only, more useful for F2P accounts, albeit they still have the AA limitation.
  5. jarsh92 Elder

Not a bad idea.

I would also like to throw out, why don't we have a bigger AA unlocker? 100 seems pretty small, especailly at the rate you can still earn AA at 1000. Would like to see a 500 AA unlocker maybe for 1000 SC.
    Vouivre likes this.
  6. Kirbane Augur

I play a gold account but i do agree thats not a bad idea for others :D
  7. Trevor Elder

Here's a crazy idea: free expansions.
  8. Tarrin Augur

While I wouldn't mind that, it just didn't seem like something on the table. I was just trying to come up with alternatives.
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

Yeah...I was gonna say... if you can actually see Sony giving away every expac for free, I want the glasses you're wearing :p.
  10. Ponlou_EM New Member

No thanks VoA i hope doesnt go Free to Free to Play people , i paid for it enjoyed it , people need to do the same Buy it not in marketplace but with RL cash ! thank god they removed that option from marketplace and the subscriptions .
  11. silku Augur

The marketplace IS RL cash, just with an exchange to SC. They'd still be paying for it, just in a different way.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Put is in the market place at full price, when double/triple are available people will buy it, they would still get it at half or third price while the SC bonuses are on, it shouldn't be available for less than that.
    Vouivre likes this.
  13. Tegila Augur

so i take it Panlou is mad that people jsut starting the game now dont have to pay 720bucks to get VoA? 18expacs x 40bucks.... see how this logic is faulty?

i do agree, IF you are going ot leave this stupid double triple sc around, then put voa in at 4k so people can buy it, even now. yall promised when f2p launched that gold members would not only get 500 free sc a month..but they would ALSO be able to buy future expansions with it. Lies.

as much as i and everyone else enjoy double and triple sc when it suits us, i think it's the dumbest thing soe ever did. sotp the dbl triple sc. period. stop it. and when january rolls around, so its been a couple months, reintroduce subs and expacs into hte marketplace. THEN: have sales. you have some sales here and there now, but now just put the things you dont MIND giving for half or third price, and mark them that way. Dont put subs or expacs on sale unless or until you're willing to give them for a reduced price, but put them back in. You will win back the respect , or at least some of it, of many longtime players you screwed over. Your token "gift" of putting expac back in for a week or 2 after you removed them...was useless since most had VoA by then anyway.

Anyway: i agree..larger quantity aa unlockers should be put in, 500 makes sense, for 10bucks isnt far off from buying them 100 at a time for the current price though. More unlockers should be put in, partial prestige unlockers for instance, prestige t1 (t3 of an expac while leaving t4 prestige) or SoD and UF but leave HoT and VoA prestige, etc. somethign like that. things you can flag in bulk. Also a means to open all augs up, rkiii spells as well as rk ii...in the end the cost of unlocking all prestige items and access, should equal otu to say 2 years of eq at 15 a month, whatever. Let people truly f2p their way..unlock what they need or want as they get to needing it, but make it cost and cost enough that theyd be better off subscribing, or have to dumb a huge chunk of change at once.

Baz trading, plat caps, parcels, prestige group gear, prestige raid gear, prestige augs, rkiii spells. all these for like 30bucks a piece (again, no triple sc) in addition to what is there now, rkii unlocks (req for rkiii unlocks) bag unlocks, aa unlocks which will have ot be bought for the rest of their eq careers if they truly want ot play as if gold status, they cant jsut buy teh whole game forever. these are things peopel expected to be able to purchase unlockers for without havign to worry about their cc expiring and logging in to find half hteir bags missing etc (which happened to a friend when eh logged in ot raid last night and had to spend the entire raid on the phone with customer service who couldnt help bc it was a "system error" etc) People wouldnt have to entrust you with cc $s even prepaid cc's require yo uto turn over oodles of personal info, and still in some ways open you up if things go awry.

Make there be choices. Do you want a dependable monthly payment? quarterly? yearly? or do you want ot jus buy in chunks as you ahve the money? Do you want ot pay in cash? (gamecards) credit? check ? (paypal) etc. Give people options. Also, allow for shorter subscriptions 1 week 2 weeks whatever, 9 bucks for 2 weeks 6 bucks for 1 week works out in the end to almost double the monthly cost per day, but allows for people with odd schedules to enjoy the game. Military people that get deployed for 3 months come home for 2 weeks get deployed again etc, Let them pay for the time they play at a little higher rate but lower overall cost, rather than jstu not playing for those 2 weeks bc its not worht paying for a while month, whatever.

Add more personalization items. Words, lettes, numbers, flags, paint, more statues, ability to take a ss and create a painting with it with 1 of 4 frame styles, eyepatches for those that dont have them (or make this an ornament drop that goes in helm like the halloween masks). Things like this are jsut little things but it makes people identify more with the game by being able to personolize more.

Add more to marketplace yes. But dont do what teh troll in other thread brought up, dont add power.
  14. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I like the screenshot-to-picture idea ;p
  15. Vouivre Augur

Did you buy every expansion at max price like I did on multiple accounts? If you've ever received a fee expansion (like buying SoD and getting everything before it included) then no one is interested in hearing you complain about people doing just what you did.
  16. Saroc_Luclin Augur

From Fan Faire SOE Live, they were talking about their ideas for the future, and the impression I had is we probably won't see expansions as we're used to much more; RoF may be the last (or second to last) actual expansion. Instead we'll probably see feature bundles released, with the content coming out for free.

For example, they may release a set of free zones for the next story arc, but the gear in those zones is all Req L101+ gear, so to use anything from that, you need to buy the L101-105 Feature Pack.

But getting back to the OP's idea; with Krono, there's been a push now to be able to use Krono as a way to buy/gift expansions to other people. I doubt we'll see Expansions for SC because SC has devalued so much versus Real Currency; but Krono should have a constant value (as long as they don't go crazy with how its available like they did with double SC deals), letting them price expansions against it.