Market Place Idea -- "Expansion Krono"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pacha, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Pacha New Member

How about having a "expansion krono" that players can purchase from Marketplace and trade it in game...if consumed will credit the account to the latest expansion...

Think this is something they will put in by the time the next expansion comes out? I think its a great idea.
  2. Leerah Augur

You mean like how they promised us we'd be able to buy expansions with our Station Cash?

(If I disappear, it means I got suspended for bringing it up again.)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Obiziana like this.
  3. Sebbina Augur

I suggested that a year ago or the option to buy a standard Expansion for 3 regular krono, it is probably still kicking around in some ones head at SOE.
  4. Axxius Augur

Expansions for SC is not going to happen because of the free SC for the gold accounts. They will be essentially giving expansions for free to too many people. They tried to do away with the free SC - remember those 300 page threads? :D The free SC stayed, meaning that they cannot put anything serious on the marketplace for SC.

It doesn't mean that gifting expansions can't happen. Just not using SC.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Porterz73 Augur

Would be interesting to see how big the spike in Krono prices would get if they did that. All those people with paid up memberships and a ton of pp looking to get a free expansion would drive up the Krono prices nicely.

I would guess that it would be a bad idea for Sony to do it at release because most gold people will buy it and all raiders must buy it anyway, might be a good idea to try 2 or 3 months after normal release just to squeeze the last few holdouts.
  6. Behee Augur

SOE said (ages ago when we brought this up) that they considered the idea and wanted to do it but it is a complex process internally as well as for testing and fraud prevention, plus the inevitable customer service issues it would bring.
  7. Tual Augur

Maybe at year 20 when they get the whole billing idea figured out. It's been at least a year since I was double charged for expansions (SoE policy doesn't allow refunds, so even though they screw customers over, one solution is having your bank get funds back) why take the chance of paying double for one item... again.
  8. Pacha New Member

Thats a great idea...have it consume 2-3 Kronos to credit the account for the expansion!
    I like it!
  9. iniari-TR Augur

against this for two reasons.

first , SoE has already made it clear they do not want expansions to be paid for with in-game currency
    either from SC earned by a full subscription , plat or kronos.

secondly, if SoE were to start allowing kronos to be used to purchase an expansion, the cost of a krono would skyrocket even higher then it is already.

I wonder if SoE were to do away with the kroon and require all subscriptions to be paid in real money.
    would the prices within the game get lower. while I do know that many use krono for subscriptions its seems like the krono is used very often for large transfer of monies, and generally raises the cost of all items.