Mar 2003 Druid returning

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Druidish, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Druidish New Member

My son is on an old game kick and downloaded EQ. Well I thought I would play again for nostalgia purposes and logged into my old old old account. My 57 druid was still sitting there, but she is not exactly how I left her. She has only boots and legs for armor and absolutely no money, but she still has her horse bridle. Only thing in her bank are bags and various crafting boxes.

So I am wondering if this character is worth saving. If so, can anyone point me to a website for some help.

Thanks.

Giliane 57 Druid, E Marr
  2. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Hello, I wish you had come here before you logged in in-game because there is a link you can follow for a free bag, 14 xp potions, and 8 sets of gear to get you to level 85 if you use a refer a friend link. I believe Qest has a post about it in the new players forum.

As far as your druid goes, it's up to you whether you feel it's worth it to continue or start from scratch. What I would suggest for sure is to do the new tutorial they have in game with a new character as that will get you up to date on a lot of the changes in game, as well as help you decide if the druid is truly the class you want to pick back up on.

If so, I'm sure you can find some good people on E-Marr around these forums willing to help your druid get back on it's feet, as I used to play on E-Marr years ago, very nice people there :)
  3. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Just to add my personal recommendation, which is obviously biased, Druids are in a fairly good place right now. We have good heals, Good DD, and still hold a good DoT spell set as well. They are very versatile still, arguably the most versatile Priest class imo, the only thing we lack is a mana recovery ability for after rez scenarios and a few other odds and ends. Any of the Priest classes really are fun to play though and will have a spot in most groups.

If you do decide to re-roll and end up on Firiona Vie, send me a tell or in game mail and I'll help you get started again :)
  4. Crystilla Augur

Giliane,

I'm on Erollisi Marr so please look me up if you play on Saturdays and Sundays (those are my non raid days I typically play, though I'm playing today as well). More than willing to help get you back on your feet a bit.

In terms of gear, a good suggestion is to look at the hero's journey (there's a book you get in your inventory or you can type /ach (short for /achievement) and at the top it says hero's journey. There are quests in there you can do. Many quests give you gear for completing the single quest and then when you complete the quest line, you get a piece of gear as well. The quests are listed by level/zone so you can start with something that should be really easy (well below level perhaps) and then move up to help fill the slots you need.
  5. Soraia Journeyman

Gil, I also just returned after a 6 year absence. Like you, I logged into a naked toon. I contacted customer service and they wouldn't/couldn't return all the items I was missing, but they gave me back my epic 1.0 and 2.0 and then gave me what they called a "leg up kit" of armor to get me started again. It was terrible armor, but is at least a place to start and you won't be naked. It took me about 3 months to go from naked, level 79, and 1300 AAs to partially raid geared, level 100 and 7k AAs. A lot has changed but I would say just jump in and you'll be back up to speed in no time!
  6. Druidish New Member

Well I made a new druid to try to get used to the EQ druid again and it was hard. I played a kitty druid in WoW and got used to getting up there and hitting things. Wasnt comfortable, so I made a mage and Im getting the hang of the game again. For now I will just keep my druid on the back burner, while leveling my mage. Maybe I can make enough plat to buy some gear for my druid.
    Hawklight Yandli likes this.
  7. Crystilla Augur

Gil (Druidish), I've been looking for you since you first posted. Send me a tell in game when you're on as I mentioned I have some extra defiant duplicates which will help you out.
  8. Hawklight Yandli Elder

welcome back, good decision great way to review the mechanics after being away so long.