Map Atlas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Is it possible to permanently remove the map atlas on the map window? its exactly the same as the Atlas tab and its taking to much space on the main window. Thx!
    [IMG]
    Conq likes this.
  2. Vanrau Augur

Yes, if you are using the default ui map window, remove or comment out this section of the MapViewWnd.xml and stick the file in a custom folder in your uifiles folder and load your ui from there.

Code:
        <Ui2DAnimation item="A_MapIcon">
            <Cycle>true</Cycle>
            <Frames>
                <Texture>map_icon.tga</Texture>
                <Location>
                    <X>0</X>
                    <Y>0</Y>
                </Location>
                <Size>
                    <CX>64</CX>
                    <CY>64</CY>
                </Size>
                <Hotspot>
                    <X>0</X>
                    <Y>0</Y>
                </Hotspot>
                <Duration>1000</Duration>
            </Frames>
        </Ui2DAnimation>
    I haven't test that out but that is the icon for the atlas on the map window.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I also have not tested it but removing or commenting that out might give you a UI error message even though it should still work. In order to prevent the error message, perhaps try changing the <Size> <CX> and <CY> to zero instead?
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The button and the tab do not have the exact same function. The map button is atlas for the continent you are on. The atlas tab is top level atlas unless you have already hit an atlas page in which case it is that page. (it "remembers")
    Sure, some of this can be changed, but... it does remove some functionality.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Functionality no one use seem like a good trade off :D
    Even been small in the top left corner it does take quite a bit of space. If we can have it move else where then we could use smaller map window considering the amount of window that we can have up at one time. Maybe have it only show when on the Atlas tab?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ismel like this.
  6. xcitng Augur

Could just make the icon a lot smaller?
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How do you know no one uses it?
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I've never used it, there for no one does. Or the small small minority that does is stupid, and I know better than them.
    Hotel and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Actually, I use it all the time. However, there might be a better way to do it.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Vanrau Augur

It's fairly easy to make a custom map window that has all the controls where you need them. You can put them on the actual map itself or put it outside with the rest of the interface for the map window.

I'm sure if you look around on eqinterface.com you'll find one that works for you.
  11. snailish Augur

Make the little black space between "current zome" and "find" a bit bigger and stick the atlas button there (i.e., with all the other buttons) rather than on top of the map?
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I do find it useful, but if we were going to vote, I would fall into the group who wishes it could be smaller.