Mangler warrior leveling question?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Icetech, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Icetech Lorekeeper

Been playing a bard on mangler, only up to 13, i like the server but am thinking bard isn't for me.. Was thinking of making a warrior to tank a bit (used to be a tank way way back and loved it) It's been a long long time since i played one, just wanted some opinions on how painful leveling one will be mostly solo (i play from work most of the time, hard to group cause of afk)

Other thing.. i know warr is almost completely gear dependent, Are there any good items a newb can pick up fairly inexpensive i should watch for?

Thanks guys :)
  2. Reyy New Member

If you're going to start solo from level 1, I'd invest in a fungi tunic. I'm sure you can pick up a cheap Lamentation or Defiance. Those are great for low levels since your damage is capped.
  3. Icetech Lorekeeper

A fungi would be the dream but i don't have a spare arm right now:) I just came to the server about 5 days ago.. have 2k plat.
  4. Gnaven New Member

to lvl a warrior, first thing I would do was......create a new char, a mage just to farm some basic cash and twink items for the war
  5. Icetech Lorekeeper

That might be a plan... sucks since i actually got some good items on my bard and did the class armor which looks awesome:) Now i have to work on mage stuff, i absolutely LOVED my mage on xegony
  6. Yakita New Member

What's your warrior's name? I'll parcel you a Fungi and some gear.

Yakita - ROG
    Stephie - DRU
    Twistkita - BRD
    Qonamderlo and tuda like this.
  7. Icetech Lorekeeper

I havne't made it yet.. waiting for the server to come up... but you don't need to do that.. i really am grateful though. I think i'm going to just go mage since i loved my old one.. plus i won't be so group dependent.. I used to tank trak and the old stuff back when it was a thing and loved tanking but... think i'm too old and cranky for that grind :)
  8. Icetech Lorekeeper

P.S. i just logged into my old server (xegony) and am shocked how dead it is... i love mangler soo much :) it's like 2005 again :)
  9. Icetech Lorekeeper

What i think i miss is logging in and having 10 people msg you to group instantly :) that was the best part of being a tank:) instant friends and always needed :) Think i just need to find a big guild.. love guild groups..

P.S. yes. i'm babbling.. i'm at work and bored:)
  10. Icetech Lorekeeper

Man i love the people on this server but holy crap the downtime.. :)
  11. Icetech Lorekeeper

so... um...how you guys doing? :) i'm bored while waiting...
  12. Icetech Lorekeeper

K.. so now someone tells me Mages become pretty useless in GoD... just wtf :)
  13. Dilligaf New Member

Not useless at all come GoD, they're great for Zun, great for Yxxta/Primals. Also best item you can get your hands on for early levels/solo leveling a war is probably an Obsidian Battle Sword, and ASAP
    Icetech likes this.
  14. Icetech Lorekeeper

Thank you.. will keep an eye out for a deal :)
    P.S. don't you need lvl 56 for that sword? And is no drop... in a plane...
  15. Dilligaf New Member

You can loot it at lvl 1 with a piggy-in (5 flagged members can invite a 6th unflagged), it has a recommended level so the stats will suck but the proc will fire at lvl 1 and that proc will devour everything you touch for a good 30-40 lvls like a rocket-powered chainsaw
    Icetech likes this.
  16. Qonamderlo New Member

dang you are generous, i just started a shadowknight and have garbage gear, if you want to help out another new player "Doomlynx" is name i would love any help! don't have disposable money to buy a krono right now so just playing with what i got!
  17. Icetech Lorekeeper

ahh hell i forgot about the piggy back thing:) thank you!
  18. Icetech Lorekeeper

Go beg in your own thread:) I'm still making a warrior :)
  19. Qonamderlo New Member

perspective o_O
    Icetech likes this.
  20. Icetech Lorekeeper

Just messing around, btw how is the SK going? i had one i used to swarm with years ago, was sooo much fun.