Mangler server character questions.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LeftDeft, Mar 10, 2020.

1. LeftDeft New Member

Thank you in advance for any helpful information. I just came back to EQ. I unfortunately left the game wayyy too soon, so most of my knowledge base is stuck in the original Kunark era.

I have some questions I need answered. I’ve put in my due diligence of google/forum/YouTube searches and even sending people tells in game. The answers have varied so this is my last hope...

I don’t know how serious I will be playing, but I’ve always been a stickler about trying to maximize what I can get out of my characters. I am more than likely going to end up raiding, but if not and I only stick to grouping I want to make sure I don’t waste my starting stat allocation points. I want to play one of these but need to feel like I am making the right decision before I move forward. I’m sure some of you can understand.

Ogre SK - I know tanks should always prioritize STA, but with a high base starting STA I feel like with some of the gear I’ve seen out there I could go all INT or even DEX possibly for procs and still get close to 255 around max level whereas INT or DEX could possibly never end up capped even raid buffed. I see STR being in the same boat as STA, being capped or close to without having to try.

Dwarf or Froglok Pally - Pretty much the same situation here, just replace INT with WIS.

Troll Shaman - With their low base WIS I was going to go all WIS and remaining 5 into STA. However, with the gear I already have looked into doing that already put me at 218 WIS. I see their two most important stats WIS/STA being able to be capped or close to fairly easily with the gear around max level. I don’t even see there being a third stat to waste points on. I’m afraid if I went all STA and remainder into WIS that I’d just end up with excess STA.

I know I’m over analyzing this, but in the end I just don’t want to have any wasted stats past 255 if I could have made choices now that would be more beneficial. Thank you for your time.
  2. Logisticz New Member

when you get raid geared+buffed you will 100% be maxed on every starting stat so wherever you put your points is meaningless.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I agree with the previous poster that it's not going to matter in raids. The very minimal impact 20 points will have on your mana pool for an SK or a Paladin isn't going to matter in any group scenario, the marginal benefits of str/agi/sta/dex will be a much better investment if for some reason you ever find yourself uncapped.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

All your important stats will cap with Raid gear in PoP.

But AGI is the clear choice for the starting stats for any SK/Pally. AGI effects your avoidance AC which is one of your most important stats. AGI is also typically the hardest important stat to cap.
  5. LeftDeft New Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.