[Mangler] Resilience

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Dagenfehl, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Dagenfehl Journeyman

I'm going to just pull the plug on Resilience. I have much to learn and things to work out prior to leading a raid guild. Next year's TLP, we'll make this happen.
  2. Runes Augur

Loot Distribution
    We will be using a loot council with a DKP backup (for tracking attendance, hours, etc). The Loot Council will consist of the Guild Leader, Raid Leader, any Officers present, and two standard members who are present for the raid. All loot decisions must be unanimous. If there is a "nay", the Guild Leader will review the reason, and if determined to be valid, loot will be distributed by a DKP bidding match. To avoid a corrupted Loot Council, any loot distributed to any member of Guild Leadership/Management will need to either be A) passed by a majority of the raid, or B) given to a DKP bid. [/quote]

Loot councils are horrible ideas in any fashion from my experience. They always lead to drama and you will lose people for sure quiting to go to other guilds because they got passed over for items they felt they deserved. Open dkp are always a better choice as it keeps things fair and rewards people for their individual efforts who put in the most time for the guild and are the most active and the people you want to keep as your core base.

You should instead use open DKP but put certain items restricted to classes ahead of time and then open them up later to general guild after you have outfitted the needed classes with the higher priority for certain raid drops.

With such a low RA policy and Loot council, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Good luck
    Dagenfehl and Barton like this.
  3. Jontrann Augur

Loot Council in EQ, good luck with that buddy.
    Barton likes this.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

hmm loot council , pass
  5. Dagenfehl Journeyman

We will more than likely be switching to a DKP system, based on the feedback I've received. There are a lot of downfalls of DKP, such as an unfair distribution of loot amongst those with families or full time careers, but the scenarios proposed where Loot Council would be used are not favorable.

@Runes - Sorry for the late reply. I blew my back out over the weekend and have been in bed watching movies all week. I like your idea. If you'd be willing to hop in Discord, I'd love to speak with you about it. I'm only used to the typical DKP system everyone uses. Dump logs, upload, profit.
  6. Dagenfehl Journeyman

I'm going to just pull the plug on Resilience. I have much to learn and things to work out prior to leading a raid guild. Next year's TLP, we'll make this happen.
  7. Runes Augur

Hey Dagenfehl I am sorry to hear about your back, hope its better by launch time so you don't aggravate it more sitting in a chair for the days straight exp grind to come ;)

I don't want to discourage you at all from starting up a guild, you can still organize one with your friends and roll along. There is nothing that prevents you from starting a small one and growing and testing what works and what doesn't together. The Loot council try would have not worked well long term and I understand why it would seem a good option at first. It could work with a small group of friends and IRL buddies for example, but not with a lot of strangers and a mix of unknown personalities involved.

What I would suggest is that you join one of the organized guilds forming - not sure if you were PST or EST but if PST Mess or Midnight Rations are good choices to join and note how they setup and run their guilds for the next few months and use what you see works with your own guild start.

I do not know Mess but they seem to be organized but I do know Fourth meal and they ran a really good guild on Agnarr and you can grab really good notes.

There are far and few people willing to start guilds and put the time in to manage them so people like you are valued long term for EQ.

Good luck

Runes
    Dagenfehl likes this.
  8. Xeris Augur

Dont let anyone tell you loot council is bad. My guild on Agnarr ran loot council from classic through PoP. We finished #3 on the pointless agnarr progress site- we consistently cleared content with fewer people than most guilds and it's mostly because with loot council we can distribute gear more efficiently at the start of expansions to allow us to clear faster.
  9. Basak Augur

Loot Council is very good if done correctly. I made the switch to it years ago when I dropped "dkp" in favor of it, we were able to progress faster. Each system has the pros and cons, a pro of the point system is it awards the ones that participate more often, pro of the Loot Council is you can distribute equipment among those to have a better overall raid force instead of a super geared "core" but I do understand some guilds prefer the point system and sure you can adjust the point system or loot council to be closer to the other such as using the point system but also a loot council to distribute the loot based on want and need of those who spend the points.
  10. Xeris Augur

Oh ya, there's pros to each system, but it's funny how many people just assume that loot council = corruption from the outset. I never experienced that.
  11. Tymeless Augur

goodluck looking forward to sharing a server with you all.