(Mangler) Mage Pet Focus: Minion of Discord

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Michi27, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Michi27 New Member

Recently got the Gemstone of Dark Flame out of Txevu a few nights ago and ran into an unexpected issue.

Whenever I get a new/higher level focus I tend to test out the differences in the pets to see how the abilities scale for damage, along with max hit, hp estimates, etc. The max damage per hit of the Level 62 Pet: Servant of Marr did go up (96 to 102), however, the ability being cast as its nuke was reduced, specifically Water Elemental Strike VI got downgraded to Water Elemental Strike III.

Here are some quick comparison's between the Minion of Discord focus(Level 65 Con) and the Ritual Summoning focus(Level 64 Con):

Ward of Xegony (61 Air Pet)
    Ritual Summoning - Air Elemental Strike III for 90 points of damage.
    Minion of Discord - Air Elemental Strike III for 91 points of damage.

Servant of Marr (62 Water Pet)
    Ritual Summoning - Water Elemental Strike VI for 454 points of damage.
    Minion of Discord - Water Elemental Strike III for 184 points of damage.

Child of Ro (63 Fire Pet)
    Ritual Summoning - Fire Elemental Strike III Rk. IV for 830 points of damage.
    Minion of Discord - Fire Elemental Strike III Rk. IV for 840 points of damage.

Rathe's Son (65 Earth Pet)
    Ritual Summoning - Earth Elemental Strike II for 74 points of damage.
    Minion of Discord - Earth Elemental Strike II for 75 points of damage.

In each version of the pet besides the Servant of Marr, damage has gone up - max hit, spell damage(very slightly) but all pets retain the same ability/spell being used.

Even with the Diamond Prism of Companionship the Water Pet's ability changes from Water Elemental Strike III to VI, with a huge upgrade of damage per nuke.

I've tried different scenarios with pet summoning (wearing multiple foci, only the Gemstone, only Jennu's Sandals for Ritual Summoning, DPoC, etc.) but to no avail.

Any other mages out there running into this issue?
    Hearsay-Mischief and Selia like this.