[Mangler] @ Devs - A Case for the Tiny Companion Spell

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zavrix, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Zavrix New Member

I just want to start out by saying that I am LOVING the new Mangler server, and am having an absolute blast, more so than I've had in over 17 years of EverQuest gaming. Props to the Devs and everyone else involved in making the server a reality <3

WITH THAT SAID, HOWEVER

I really only have ONE major complaint. No, it's not about botters or RMTers like all these other threads... what I'd like to see is very simple, and not in any way game-breaking whatsoever, even in just classic era;

My pet is TOO BIG!!!

So here's the thing... Mage is a VERY popular class on this server, which comes as no surprise to many people. At level ~50, the Mage pets become much larger than previous pets of the same type. This can be frustrating for a couple of of reasons;
    -For anyone who prefers the "full immersion" experience, and wants to play in first-person view, the large pets can be particularly annoying to deal with (visually)
    -In raiding environments - ESPECIALLY open world where you can have multiple full raids worth of players present at any given target - all those big Mage pets can really make things confusing for really anyone, but particularly melee and tanks (again, visually).

Not ONLY that, but let's also talk about the wonderful selection of Pet Illusion items offered in the Daybreak Store! I personally LOVE that these are available on progression servers, it's a fun way to make oneself stand out from the rest as any pet class, not just Mages. Couple that with the ability to name pets, and you can really get into the experience on a whole new level. There's a catch to using these great pet illusions, though...

They're TOO BIG!!! (in most cases)

As with regular Mage pet appearances, and in many cases even MORE so, the Daybreak Store pet illusions are just downright MASSIVE. This creates the same, if not more so, problems previously mentioned! As fun as these pet illusions are, many people I'm sure shy away from using them for the simple fact that they're just way too large to be practical or appealing. Granted, some may indeed LIKE that they're huge, but I would venture to guess those individuals are in the vast minority.

SO, how does this pet size problem get fixed, you ask?!

Let me introduce you to my good NPC friend, Palik Agrolm;

[IMG]
    Do you see just how obnoxiously big my pet is in this image? Nearly a head above a High Elf, and miles taller than my Dark Elf! That's no good.

This fine fellow hangs out in the Commonlands tunnel, and sells only what people sell TO him... that is, until Planes of Power unlocks. Once that expansion is available, he is one of few vendors NOT found in the Plane of Knowledge that sells the magic spell that would fix EVERYTHING; TINY COMPANION

Yes, that's right! Tiny Companion! The perfect solution!

This spell is usually only available once Planes of Power unlocks on a progression server, but is available at level 19 to all classes with a pet.

So I ask you, Devs, would it not be THAT big of a deal to make the spell purchasable on Mangler now? Without any real game-breaking advantage to be had, I cannot for any reason see why it would hurt to put us Mages out of our misery and give us the ability to shrink our giant pets down to a more reasonable size. Heck, give the spell to Selo players too! I'm sure they may appreciate it as well.

I'm a simple man, playing an amazing game that's been a part of my life for years. I don't ask for much, but this is one thing that would bring me great joy to see happen. If the powers that be can find it in their hearts to grant me this single wish, I would be forever grateful... and also probably buy nearly every pet illusion item from the store, for what that'd be worth.

Make it so! (Please?)
    Nykara2 likes this.
  2. Vaer_ New Member

Sounds like a nice QoL that would not hurt the classic experience, we used to be able to shrink pets
  3. Ceffener Augur

Someone start shrinking Ench charmed pets and all the Ogres on raids also. Please and thank you.
  4. Ruggar Lorekeeper

Well your at it put Tiny Terror on a vendor in classic and change the level its learned at.. please and thank you TLP Shaman :)
  5. Thash Zoner

The brownie petamorph is very small, heirloom, and not expensive I usually go with that.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Group with a shaman and have him shrink your pet three times. It will stay shrunk until it dies. You can zone, camp, etc. and it stays shrunk. The same thing doesn't work for the shaman's own pet, just mage pets. I don't know why. Not sure about necro or other pets.