Mana Reverb Aura

Discussion in 'Casters' started by silku, Mar 27, 2013.

1. silku Augur

So I am curious, why doesn't this work on procs anymore? It's already limited in the number of procs you get from each 'tick' of the aura, and procs are already limited in how often they can proc.. Wouldn't simply turning this back on fix the enchanters problem with not having melee aDPS?
  2. Silv Augur

They nerfed mana flare over and over into the current incarnation which has stayed relatively constant since. The only reason they changed it was because they felt it was over-powered. It was also "nerfed" indirectly with stacking issues etc.

Basically, there is no good reason now. What they *should* have done was make the change to add the counters instead of preventing it from firing on procs. They nerfed it in the wrong order... I bet if they did it the other way around, counters first, the proc nerf wouldn't have happened.

It wouldn't fix the problem but it would be a welcome band aid :p
    silku likes this.
  3. silku Augur

Maybe it's time to examine the state of the current game and undo a nerf for once? Like you said, it won't fix the problem but will be a big bandaid and a boost to all who swing a weapon.
    EverChanter and Silv like this.
  4. EverChanter Augur

I wish you luck with these journey's...The blowback from this change was massive when it happened.
  5. Silv Augur

All they would need to do is remove line 6... I'm pretty sure it is not a huge ordeal to update spells in that manner. They hotfix things like that regularly.

Maybe someone currently active in beta could wave the idea around. It seems like a reasonable request...
  6. Silv Augur

It was one of the most ridiculous "oops" fix(es) we've had... I'm almost tempted to put it up there with charm mitigation, and Mez mastery.

I remember doing tons of parsing etc. with it when it first came out to figure out which classes received the most benefit. NERFBAT. Let's start over... Oh, again... one... more... time...
  7. EverChanter Augur

If you want to PM me what you're looking to have it worked into I can toss it out there on a new thread or PM Aristo aboot it. I'd love to see it where it was pre-nerf,nerf,fix,nerf and willing to ask, I won't expect much though. Mykaylla, chop chop!
  8. Silv Augur

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the data/forums from the pre- and post-nerf as it was a collaborative effort I'm no longer associated with.

I'll inbox you something soon.
  9. Gladare Augur

I was thinking of ways for people to instantly eat up all the charges using procs. Sk's innate defensive procs, mage defensive dd proc buff, rangers get a forced proc buff. I guess overall, it wouldn't a HUGE dps increase even under these conditions.
  10. Silv Augur

So, I made a slight mistake. Yes, flare would fire off procs BUT only if it was a spell based buff-proc. IE SK, RNG, whatever self buff, or panther. It wouldn't fire on regular weapon procs. I thought there was something off about thinking it would fire on all of those but that was the limitation.

Again, sorry for that confusion.
    silku likes this.