Make second single SINGLE IP Login

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eskey, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eskey Journeyman

There are two distinct communities in EverQuest and there always have been.

Those of us that want to play with 5 other human beings in a game that actually requires cooperation and teamwork and those of us who want to play a game that requires 6 people by ourselves.

Just make the second server IP locked so that only one account can log in per IP. You would instantly cut ragefire's population in half and would would make both sides happy.

If you disagree with this I would ask that you do not reply to this post with some pointless argument. You have your boxer server, allow the community the opportunity to have their non boxer server.
    Regnon and Warlorf like this.
  2. Warlorf Augur

3. Aiona Augur

Then I couldn't play EverQuest with my fiance or the kids!
    Vaclav and Katmandu26 like this.
  4. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

We needed another thread about this?
  5. Jet-Li Lorekeeper

-takes a moment in between pulls to reports this pointless thread-
  6. Warlorf Augur

there are ways to detect that. Im sure it would be implemented
  7. Eskey Journeyman

I agree that is an issue, however there are two servers.

1 allows you to play with your family. 1 allows people who want to play on a server where people group with strangers.
  8. Vindor Lorekeeper

Nah single IP isnt good for couples, cyber café, students logement etc and also it can easily be broken. Just ban [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], its enough
  9. Jet-Li Lorekeeper

And maybe families have friends who will be moving to the second server they want to play with? Has that occurred to you?
  10. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

Should my SO and I share an account? take turns maybe?
  11. Katmandu26 Augur

No IP bans - disable follow instead. Then groups with the same IP can still play together.
    Tanecho and Aenu Holysight like this.
  12. Numiko Augur

[IMG]
  13. Numiko Augur

would not bother me, I 3 box here, and 4 box on live and never use auto follow. (or any third party programs)
  14. c313 Augur

Some of us actually have loved ones who we want to play with and happen to be living together.

So you're basically saying that from now on only one person per house hold is allowed to play?
  15. Katmandu26 Augur

Then my guess would be that you're not one of the ones people are complaining about.
    Aenu Holysight and Numiko like this.
  16. Aiona Augur

Actually, this is brilliant - I think boxers should be able to play if they are paying, and I don't care if they set up a camp and hold it all on their own... it's the 4, 5, 6+ accounts on auto-follow, running around killing everything they can target.

Disabling auto-follow would limit this from happening greatly. And since auto-follow is a minor convenience, I think this is the best way to address the overpopulation of boxers.
  17. Numiko Augur

disabling auto follow would only slow them down until the mages get to 55 and can use call of the hero.
  18. Katmandu26 Augur

Except that you can't be 55 on classic Ragefire. In the short time, when the populations are extremely high, this is a viable solution.
    By the time we get to a higher level, the population won't be as much of a problem.
  19. Xanadas Augur

Don't do this. As a boxer, I rely on the solo players to provide me with atmosphere. I like seeing the OOC chat and such in busy zones. It really takes me back to 1999. Non-boxers still have a purpose, so please keep them around.
  20. Numiko Augur

I hope not! I happily group with others and will drop box's for a live person in a heartbeat, but unforunatly there are a few here who are strictly "if your not with us your against us!" and want to send anyone who plays more then one account off to an ISIS camp for a height adjustment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.