Make Aradune old FV rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalipto, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Kalipto Augur

It'd be so cool if the new Aradune server had the same rules as original FV. Free trade of all non-epic quest type items and only one character per account. Prevent me from making alts, please! One character per account also means that your reputation actually matters. FV used to be a pretty cool place because of that.

I think eventually they opened it up so you could have 1 alt. And then eventually removed the restriction entirely. But I miss the old days.

Anybody else hoping for something similar?
  2. Jaenisch Elder

Would be pretty nice.
  3. jiri_ Augur

I really wouldn't mind a no-alts server, but I think at this point the language restriction would be a huge turn-off, and removing the no-drop provisions would make RMT bot armies much worse.
  4. Angered Augur

Its kinda sad that the devs did not listen to our wishes! We really want an FV TLP!

FV TLP = LIFE
  5. Kalipto Augur

Whatcha mean? Did they already announced rules for the new server?
  6. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

If you want an FV TLP you have to get at least 12 people (ogres preferred) to mob PoK and not roleplay and not trade any items and not use different languages. It's working for the PVP crowd.
  7. Kalipto Augur

Everybody just uses common or elvish and the problem is solved. It takes like 2 minutes to learn.

I'd argue that the no-trade tag would help alleviate some of the bot army issues by spreading them out way way way more. Right now there are only a handful of items they go for. But with all items tradable - there are hundreds of items they'd go for.

Though I wish DBG would just ban them when they're reported. But I guess that'll never happen.
  8. jiri_ Augur

The problem isn't learning the language - the problem is that it doesn't do anything except add this weird little hiccup in the leveling process where you create an alt and spam a spam hotkey at each other in Elvish for 10 minutes so you can communicate with people in your group. The point of the language restrictions was to help enforce roleplaying. FV's ruleset, with tradeable items, language restrictions and one character per server, was an attempt to get at the classic PnP FLGS experience within the Everquest client. It was all about facilitating in-character roleplaying interactions. That didn't last very long as a priority, though.

As for the free trade issues, you might be right. I guess I'm just pessimistic and think that more possible items to trade means more bot groups, and that the only thing limiting the automated groups that hold and sell these camps on every TLP is the number of camps.

I'm not against a free trade TLP, or even one with the original FV rules. I just think there might be some negative side effects. I remember in the Fires of Heaven dev AMA someone asked for a FV TLP, and Absor's answer was "FV rules are a curse. You don't want that on your server."