majority of players in general chat on ragefire dont wont an early opening of the expacs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, Jun 16, 2015.

1. nostalgia Lorekeeper

Hi if the dev would log on and lisento general chat on rahefire they would realise the majority of people are to busy having fun in game and dont want an early opening of the next expansion/
    most people on chat say that the boards are toxic and they are having fun in eq.
    So the people logged in the game ate mostly happy and they really make what is said on the boards is asmall minority of unhappy people that come here and post because they are unhappy in game.
    So who do you look after the majority in general chat on ragefire who are happy or a small number of negative posters on the boards ?
  2. Tarrin Augur

If the majority don't want it, then the vote will fail.

I am sure the half dozen that probably responded to you out of a channel of 400 people out of a server of 10x that or more is an accurate pulse of the entire server.
    Liquid and Gregolo like this.
  3. Diemond Augur

You don't know what the majority wants, there is only 400 people in general chat at one time.
  4. beyrak Augur

The people in game aren't happy. They are bickering, whining, complaining and fighting over camps, KS'ing, etc. This vanilla is too small for these many players. Let's open it up.
  5. Diemond Augur

Classic + Kunark is also too small for this population.
    Finwen likes this.
  6. Alekzandre Augur

The majority of players do not join General Chat, nor do they post on the Forums.
    Steampunk likes this.
  7. beyrak Augur

I think DBG should do away with polling on length of expacs and open them every three months or so, depending on the expac. Voting causes too many issues. You can't even make plans to take a few days off work when an expac opens in fear of people blocking.
  8. Friday Augur

Liked the poll results enough to re-sub. Folks on RF who didn't like the poll results are still on the server anyways, seemingly intent on crying, arguing, and kicking and screaming the whole way....and yet, for some reason hanging on...?

If DB goes against the original vote and gives in to whining raiders, Ill just very casually unsub and go back to FTP on a different server. Make no mistake...it is not just Kunark they want: they want it all, and ON DEMAND.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Your post seems to imply those things will either be eliminated or alleviated with the launch of Kunark, I don't believe that to be the case. With the current design and dev stance on instancing of high level zones that contain raid targets, the majority of the Kunark high end zones will not be instanced, therefore I expect to see an increase in the amount of complaints of KS'ing and fighting over camps unless DBG does something to address that issue.
  10. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    I certainly hope the conversation about whether the majority of players want to consider a re-vote in order to poll whether they would like Kunark open earlier than was planned is continuously talked about in gen chat, amongst friends and in guilds in the coming days.

I hope even more that the issues with raiding and continued over population which DBG is 100% responsible for addressing whether its in this original era or going forward into several more expansions, is discussed as well.
  11. Nolrog Augur

If that's the case, then the vote will fail and there will not be a problem.
  12. Korillo Augur

Well then I guess you can't wait for them to release a poll to confirm your findings! :)
    Nolrog and Gregolo like this.
  13. gluteous Elder

it is funny as hell that those that raced to 50 are so damn whiney that they have to flood the forums so they can QQ about having to wait 6 months. That was the server ruleset at the start and everyone knew it when they made a character on Ragefire. Go QQ on another server til 6 moths is over.
  14. Nolrog Augur

They are going to be the same ones whining a couple weeks after Kunark comes out because they are 60 and have nothing left to do, so why can't we open Velious early?
  15. Unique_Moop Augur

Man, imagine how much fun we'd be having right now if they opened the trilogy from the start? most mage groups would have never happened. o_O
  16. Unique_Moop Augur

Hey now 6 months of velious is going to be worse than 6 months of classic :) There is like two weeks of content tops in velious for non raiders. its a big exodus. better just release planes of power.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

We wouldn't be seeing reports of 6 mages kill the Sleeper, for sure. We'd still be seeing reports of mages killing early planar bosses and such, but with Velious the top expansion, that wouldn't shock so much and/or no one would care so much.

However, the use of 5 mages + your intended main to get leveled up uber fast would have still gotten some folks ahead fast.
  18. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure what people don't understand about voting.
    Tarrin likes this.
  19. Tamagini New Member

I don't know why people think it makes any difference what's unlocked. You could unlock every expansion and the majority of players will all want whichever raid mobs are the best/highest/rarest. The solution which is currently implemented in EverQuest and every other modern MMO game is to have instances created on demand. Classic EQ predates the solution, but this is a solved problem. We're just back in the stone age where there's only one copy of Lord Nagafen.
    HahnHighnoteEQ likes this.
  20. Bufonidae Elder

I agree with this... Kunark won't do much at all to spread out the population, it'll put up more bottlenecks. The mobs for the key quests will have tons of players just waiting for them, and the ones that do get keyed will be zoning into a single instance... Imagine how crowded it'll be in Old Sebilis.

Then there's the fact that Chardok, Cobalt Scar, Dreadlands, Emerald Jungle, Karnor's, Old Sebilis, Skyfire, Timorous Deep, and Veshan's Peek are all raid zones (that's a full third of the zones in Kunark). I understand that the Devs have repeated over and over 'We're trying to avoid instancing raid zones', but I sure haven't come up with an equitable alternative.