Main Chat Window

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DillyBar, Jan 18, 2024.

1. DillyBar Augur

Since the patch, my main chat window is spamming battle text. How can I fix this?

Thanks
  2. DillyBar Augur

Actually, it seems to be mostly OTHERS in group that changed. Soloing all I see is random heals.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

read most recent patch notes- filters have been added, you may need to readjust.

from https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-january-17-2024.295544/
    • Made the following changes to chat filters:
      • Direct Damage and Damage Over Time filters have been split into Yours, Your Critical Hits, You Being Hit, Others, and Other Critical Hits.
      • Healing filters have been split into Yours, Your Critical Heals, Heals Received, Others, and Other Critical Heals.
      • Added a separate chat filter for others' melee critical hits, Others Hits (Critical).
      • Moved auto attack on/off and other attack-related messages to the Melee Warnings chat filter. Also renamed 'Too far away (melee)' to 'Melee Warnings' in Chat options.
      • Added new chat filter 'Chat Channel Info' for universal chat messages such as output from commands /list and /autojoin.
      • Created new chat filter for Consider Messages generated by right clicking or using /consider on a target.
    Rijacki and DillyBar like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

The made changes to the melee and spell filters. You'll need to adjust your chat settings for hiding/showing stuff and see what things are being filtered there in those two categories, and then move them somewhere else.
    DillyBar likes this.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

oh and FWIW- I always right click main chat and select all, then spells / all and melee /all (as "all" misses these) and dump everything into 1 chat tab. Then I add windows and pull out what I want in each - /tell and /who to one window, /g, /gu /rs to a 2nd, all MY melee and spells to a 2nd tab in main, everything else, /ooc , /yell, /say /emote /shout and system messages to last window and eveything else remains in main (spam) On newer characters I pull out skills too.

DillyBar likes this.