Mage Vs Druid

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FENDER42, May 16, 2017.

1. FENDER42 Lorekeeper

Hey guys I am looking for the best class in classic to make pp or farm pp/items non boxed I have in the title mage or druid but if there is a better class id like to get some input as well.
  2. Karanthal Augur

I'd go mage, I've seen enchanters capable of some pretty impressive solo tasks as well but I haven't played one myself to give you the scoop on those.

As a solo player you are probably going to be camping items in areas where you out level the content, in those cases the mage is much more efficient, no need to burn mana to kill low level mobs. If you are hoping to XP solo and farm plat you could plan your levelling around gathering tradeskill drops to sell rather than items.
  3. Green_Mage Augur

The best class is probably enchanter for pp. First of all, they are the only ones that can do Jewlcrafting easy. They also are extremely good at solo/duo farming with charm. On top of it all -- they tend not to be as gear dependent as most other classes in the game.
  4. Z E L R O T H New Member

During the classic era all the way to Luclin there is no better money making machine than a Druid, people will pay prime PP for them ports, trust me. Just sit in CL, or advertise on General and arrange picks if you want give premium service and the money will poor in from punts and ports.
  5. Gemini Syringes Augur

All replies seem correct, but Zelroth ain't lyin'. I got bored very easily and didn't do it for more than an hour or two at a time, but I could make anywhere from around 250-500pp or more an hour porting from EC tunnel, depending on the tips. If you don't bore easily, it's a great way to make a lot of plat.
  6. ayoforYayoh Augur

will giants still drop $$$$$ or did they keep the nerf to just $$$?
  7. Bewts Augur

What are you going to farm solo in classic for plat?

Your prime farmable money makers will be what?
    FBSS
    SSOY
    GEBS
    JBoots

FBSS/SSOY are from undead frogs in LGuk
    GEBS is from a nuking Djinn surrounded by fire elementals / fire imps
    JBoots is from OOT cyclops or mindlessly killing a PH in the deserts outside of FP.

Based on the profile of mobs, youre probably going to join the crowds farming djinn? Mage fire nukes aren't so useful there.

If you group up, FBSS/SSOY smells more like necro territory than Mage or Druid.

JBoots anyone can farm, and if you've got track and understand the timers the PH may be mindlessly boring but easy. OOT cyclops is just a mindless slaying fest; I'd assume charm pet is your best bet there.

I'd personally put Mage at the bottom of the list, tied with Druid and decide between necro and enchanter.
  8. Throndor Augur

AOEing Live side netted more pp/hour than camping high ticket items for me in classic. King, Priest, Crusader, Herbalist, Evil Eye, Elder, Patriarch, Noble clearable in 2 pulls pulling with the chanter and tossing a rune and heal on inc for the initial brunt of the stack.
  9. Wrankled Lorekeeper

For whatever reason I never really went for the item camps for money. Always did raw plat stuff like quadding seafuries. Maybe that's why I was not one of those players with a million play and an army of loaded twinks.
  10. Buddi Elder

By all means, Druid over Mage, though both are great for PLing boxes if you are thinking about that. Druid port earnings cannot be denied, and you can sell SOW in the tunnel too.

Farm EK for Spider SIlks early on. A LVL 20 tracker class can get rich doing this, as every aspiring tailor on the server will pay you for them. The spider silks continue to be highly sought after through Luclin. However the krono/pp exchange rate may make it much less lucrative as the game progresses. Check out my SIG Block, I do know of what I speak.

/t Buddi I have 100 Spider silks
    /r 2pp ea, Parcel OK?

See you on Agnarr
  11. Faytal New Member

I would say Enchanter although its not apart of your post Enchanters can solo anything in eq in classic faster than any other class and will be able to make more pp per hour than any other class
  12. Mrjon3s Augur

Druid over mage because you will be able to make money even when everything is camped. You can sell ports and pl's.
  13. Faytal New Member

what i would want to know honestly, is what is the best class for pure farming for plat/items to make money hands down in classic and which would be the fastest to solo/group to lvl 50
  14. Mrjon3s Augur

Enchanter is hands down the best class. But they are a very active class. Your gonna be mezzing and charming.
  15. Fluid Augur

In a closet the Mage, in the open the Druid. By that I mean I've run both types in EK farming spider silk and the Druid is king. Get them in a place like Najena farming the Black Widows and the Mage wins .