Mage/Shaman or Mage/WIz for higher level fighting

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cendar, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Cendar New Member

I have a 90 Mage with 2200aa. Currently working for my lvl 91 pet. I was wondering what class would work better as a box from levels 90-100 wizard or shaman? Shaman is currently 84, Wizzie is 75 but either could be pushed up fast grouping with Mage.

Basically, is fast killing or slow/heal valuable on named mobs and getting experience 90+. Buffs not really an issue as I can goto GL or pull SHM on for 5mins to topup.
  2. oogolx Elder

personally id go with shaman for buffs/heals/dots/lion

unless you want to port around instead of hoofing it then id go wiz
  3. Borek-VS Augur

You will kill faster (i.e. gain exp faster with the wizard). But you'll take down more nameds with the shaman. These are two different objectives.
  4. Lenowill Augur

Cross-posted from a similar thread:

Magician and Shaman is a VERY strong box and I highly recommend it. Against high level foes (especially named) there will be numerous times when the shaman's slows, fling-roots, and offhealing save you from a bad situation. And attack speed slows to put on your enemies just makes life better for you in general.

Mag with cleric merc, sham with wizard merc. You've got tanking, major debuffing, main healing, offhealing, and a sizable chunk of DPS. All together, that's a very dominant duo.