Mage + Necro... need a tank?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Junlo, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Junlo Journeyman

Curious about if a tank is really needed with this duo for most group content?

Thoughts?

Still a noob so im not sure how it will all pan out but it seems mage pet is pretty strong and so far can tank almost everything?
  2. silku Augur

I'd imagine you'd be fine. With the ability to pull out two cleric mercs, and then still have a decent dps with the necro dots+mage you'd be able to take most group content. The only ones I could forsee giving you trouble would be those rare mobs that summon everyone into the their center (reverse gravity flux style.) There isn't much they could not do. A tank is not needed for most group content, you can get around it with pets, or with super high dps, etc... but a tank always makes it easier.
  3. Nickster86 Elder

If your in an area you think you need a tank always opt to use your earth pet and if nervous about agro give it agro swords. Mages have enough pet defensive Aa's that trash should be no prob through TDS t3. I currently molo with my clr merc. Named I prefer to avoid. But with you having two healers you should be fine.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

Depends on your level, as you get higher I doubt it. By 100 - 105 you'll be able to basically kill anything you want. You'll have the Magician's Earth pet tank and then slow with the necro and have an off tank just in case ( not counting the mage swarm pets ).

Not sure why Nick avoids nameds in t3 zones..I love farming Degmar, caster power sources in the new expansion are OP!

Good luck young Mage~
    Sancus likes this.