Mage Epic Pet Not Working As Intended?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evil.Iguana, May 24, 2016.

1. Evil.Iguana Elder

Posting this here as opposed to veterans lounge because I can't test it on live. The Magician epic pet is proccing a spell on some attacks that leaves the message "[Soandso] is slashed by shards of elemental power." However there is never any damage associated with this spell. A google search revealed this is the text from a spell called "Elemental Mastery Blast" that is a basic direct damage effect. Presumably this is supposed to be an innate proc for the mage epic pet to make up for the fact that it does not backstab like the water pet or nuke hard like the fire pet. Either it is not working or it is not showing up properly in the combat text and log file. This is probably why the epic pet is such mediocre DPS.
  2. Taroh New Member

Whenever you see that message "is slashed by shards of elemental power" there is magic damage (around 100-140) going off every single time, I noticed you can only see the damage though if you are being attacked by an epic pet in a duel / arena. Not sure why you can't see it anywhere else, I think they should fix that.
  3. Evil.Iguana Elder

Would really be nice to get dev confirmation on what is happening.
  4. Taroh New Member

Agreed. Duel an epic mage though and let the pet attack you, and you will see the exact numbers. (Not the stun proc, the shards proc like you mentioned)
  5. TowerDefense Augur

I like that you are given your answer, which seems extremely likely and easy to test, yet you still call for a dev post, which is extremely unlikely to happen.

So silly
  6. -wycca Augur

That is a really odd bug.
  7. Evil.Iguana Elder

Even if the bug is purely an issue of the damage not being displayed, it is still a bug and I'm not wrong to desire some confirmation that my /bug report has been noted. However, even assuming that the damage shows up in duels, and I have no reason to doubt reports that it does, that does not necessarily mean it is being applied in fights against NPCs. Testing that is very difficult to do, requiring an NPC where you know the exact hp total to compare with the total parsed damage done. Given what I've read so far it does seem likely that the damage is occurring but is just not being recorded, but I still want to know for sure.
  8. TowerDefense Augur

Its not hard to parse hp on mobs, there are multiple parsing programs out there. You could literally have an answer in less than an hour, vs the amount of posting and reporting yoy would need to do to get a dev confirmation lol. Thats all i was pointing out.
  9. Adonhiram Augur

This is an old bug with pet non melee damage. Pet non melee procs are not reported by the system except when dueling as said by other posters. Pet non melee spells are reported, for example post Kunark Fire pets bolts.

For some odd reasons, sometimes innate procs are treated like spells, or not. The stun of the epic pet is reported. The dd proc is not. However there is the second dd for 143 which is not reported but sometimes appears as melee damage (which is obviously wrong physical damage which is capped a 81 for the epic pet). I remember the exact same issue with any pet in hot era, nothing new here, be sure that does not mean your epic pet isn't working as intended. You just cannot see all damage)

As in regard to dps, I wouldn't exactly qualify it mediocre. It is inferior, of course, to the dps of a charm pet. But far superior to any other permanent pet. Not opening old wounds here, but as a Mage I am much more worried about the avoidance and mitigation of the epic pet and pets in general, id est their survivability, than their dps...