Mage Epic Pet - Nerfed??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I'm just curious if Mage epic pets will suffer the same nerfs as other pets will or not. Trying to figure out if its worth doing or not.
  2. Vaclav Augur

I can't imagine they're going to make that rule and then exempt the epic pet from it - seems very unlikely.

Keep in mind from what someone was saying this is basically taking a later AA and reversing it or something - so could probably test to see if the "gang up on pets" AA or whatever it is buffs the epic pet when it's part of a gang up on a current server if you don't get an answer. (Assuming that person was quoting accurately)
  3. MMOer Augur

4. Naelbis Elder

Hopefully they ban you and you wont be around to find out...
    Solkos, Fallfyres and oldkracow like this.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto I 2nd that....
  6. Ducreux Augur

[IMG]
  7. Urshulgi Augur

If it's anything like classic, there will be so few mage epics that it's almost an academic exercise to speculate on how this recent change will affect the epic pet.
  8. Banuvan Augur

The hate is strong in this thread lol
  9. Asheran Augur

It won't be like that. I have 4 mages and 4 water staves, 4 crowns of ele mastery, 4 undertow rods, 2 earth staves, and 1 pegasus cloak.

The earth staves are the limiting factor atm, but even that isn't too bad. P'tasa spawns often enough.
  10. Lifetap Augur

Considering mage epic pets were included in the buff, it only makes sense that they would be included in the nerf as well.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Asheran Augur

Honestly, if they are going to nerf them to "classic defensive stats" they should also give the epic pet enrage. It had enrage back in the day, which is part of what made it strong, even with low ac.
  12. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

if they intend to nerf the epic pet, it will get nerfed. they wont/cant 'accidentally' reduce its power, due to how pet templates are handled. so unless they go out of their way to balance the epic pet as well, itd be exactly the same.
  13. Urshulgi Augur

Ah so they changed it at some point? The frustration of the mage epic was one of the reasons I stopped playing that character, despite putting a lot of time into him. Leveled up a cleric during Luclin and PoP and had my epic within 4 days back in 2003.
  14. Asheran Augur

No, it is basically the same. The rare drops were always the water staff, earth staff, and the piece off the burning woods wurm. I killed Phinny ~40 times to get my water staves.

The crown always seemed rare, as it is from the last island of sky (other than the eye's island), but actually has a relatively high drop rate.
  15. Necromonious Augur

I don't want him to get banned, this guy probably has half the total everquest paying accounts. Him wrecking the TLP servers is funding my future content on live ;)
    Silv likes this.
  16. Porygon Augur

People hate Mabbu. It's how it always has been!
  17. Banuvan Augur

Don't get me wrong. I can't stand him either but it's not because of how he plays. It's because he admits to using M.Q.2. in multiple places and still DBG does nothing. He is the biggest slap in the face in the game ( due to how many people know him ) that DBG hits every single person who plays on the TLP servers with.
  18. Porygon Augur

Oh. I don't have any issues with him. Though being a boxer myself, I don't have issues with anyone.
  19. Urshulgi Augur

Before they revamped PLane of Hate, the earth staff was an extremely rare drop off of Innoruuk. I remember that the very first mage epic on Vallon Zek didn't happen until a mage who was quitting the game agreed to their earth staff to a mage who had every single other piece. This was at a time when any rogue over level 51 who didn't have their epic was looked at a slacker.
  20. Asheran Augur

Oh, that is true. I forgot we were using the 2nd version of hate. When was hate changed though? I know the original layout was around for a long time (not the version we use now) but I thought the drops changed pretty early in EQ's life.