Macro issues since last patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Paithian, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Paithian New Member

So since the last patch, my /assist main macro works intermittently. I've tried moving it around to different hot bars, clicking the hotkey macro with the mouse, and the only thing i can say is its consistently inconsistent. It will work for one or two mobs back to back, then it wont. Then, it will work for one mob, not the 2nd, but then for the third. The macro reads only: /assist main

Nothing else, no pause, nothing fancy, Have used the same macro across dozens of chars over the years with no issues till now. Have no special UI's loaded, nothing new since last patch on the comp. Validated assets and those are came out fine. Made a new fresh macro, using /assist main or /assist <target> or /xtarget 1 and its the same every time, inconsistently assisting the MA. the only work around ive found is binding the xtarget 1 mob to my mouse key.

Anyone have any issues like this since patch, or is it something on my end? debating a clean reinstall of eq, but hate to lose all my settings/ui files if it can be remedied .
  2. Metanis Bad Company

1. NEVER lose your settings! Keep a copy of your eqclient.ini file and any file that has your character name in it. After reinstalling EQ just copy those INI files back over the fresh new EQ installation and all your "stuff" will remain intact!

(Only exception to that is if one of those INI files is corrupted. And if that's the case then why reinstall 12GB of game files?)

2. Your problem could simply be lag and will eventually clear up by itself or by you working to resolve the Internet problems causing the lag.

I've never been able to rely on a single assist line in a macro. Due to lag issues I always used 2 lines,

/pause 3, /assist GROUP
    /assist GROUP

allows for a 2nd try just 300ms after the first.
    Lessw likes this.
  3. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Pretty sure pause isn't 1=100ms. In situations where I want a 3 second delay, "30" doesn't cut it. I need more like 40-42. PC is new, internet is solid. So either it's not a clean conversion of 1:100, or lag affects it more than people think.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

1 is 1/10 of a second, 10 is 1 second. It's client side based so yes depending on what command is being fired, lag (server round trip) is a factor.
    Cairbrae likes this.