M.I.A. Necro Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xnao, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Xnao Augur

Clutching Darkness and Wuran's Decay are not on the spell vendor Please Halp!
    Loratex likes this.
  2. Aderahl<RF> New Member

Cascading Bloodshield upgrade wru?
  3. Dr Dice Elder

Hope the not adding a Cascading Bloodshield ROF upgrade was an over sight.
  4. Xnao Augur

Do not want this thread going under the radar.
  5. Retrievil Elder

Hey how about those missing spells?
  6. Daegun Augur

Bump. I want my spells as well.
  7. Daegun Augur

having my new snare would be awesome
    Forcallen likes this.
  8. Daegun Augur

Bump. Still missing spells along with most of the other casters.
  9. Mellifleur Augur

bump again
  10. Xnao Augur

PALS WE HAVE BEEN IGNORED!

Our spells were left off the vendor, AGAIN.
  11. Forcallen Augur

Maybe our snare is getting a 32% increase in power and they really want to test it out first!
  12. RaceCondition Augur

<sarcasm>Darn those Devs, first Reluctant Benevolence and now some of our rank 1 spells!</sarcasm>

I'm assuming you /bugged it already, and mentioned the Rank II was available? I would have done it myself, but I haven't begun leveling my necro yet. :(
  13. Frogmancer Augur

You know what sucks? Having to pay 40kpp for an overpriced Dreadmote in the baz, because I can't seem to win a random and our new snare STILL isn't on the necromancer spell vendor.
  14. rosco New Member

omg, i havent used or purchsed any of the darkness snares after getting the mana free AA snare that takes less than 3 seconds to cast and resists significantly less than the regular darkness series snares.

let them keep them, you should be asking for something actually usefull like a pet than can actually tank a mob your level without having to pay some mage 500pp for pet toys.
  15. Frogmancer Augur

Because having two effective ways to snare a mob is a terrible idea. :rolleyes:

I'm going to ignore the stupidity of your pet comment, and just say, the strength of the snare matters - the spell snare is a 75% snare, while the AA snare is a 65% snare. Some of the mobs in RoF are *fast* - that extra reduction in movement speed makes a difference.
  16. Xnao Augur

Spell snare lasts much longer. Getting rk2 is a waste kind of, which is why it would have been nice for rk1. :/

But unlike druid spells, necro spells are not worth a hotfix.
  17. rosco New Member

The AA snare lasts a good 2 minutes and doesnt cost 600 or more mana. How long do you need it to last? Recast it if you need to. The darkness series are very mana hungry and resist alot. The AA snare resist little, even on red mobs and is fast enough to get off again if it breaks. You do not need a second snare.

And if you are fighting somewhere where a 65 percent snare will not slow a mob down enough that you can not out run it with run speed 5, you are probably hunting in a place they do not want you to kite in. Which goes back to asking for a pet with better hit points and armor class instead of another highly resisted mana ineffecient darkness snare.

Kiting sucks. The huge foot print you need to do it seriously limits the number of places you can hunt in. I would trade all of the darkness snares, half my dots, my harmshield, all of my self buffs and all but one of my FD spells for a pet that can tank. Do not care about the damage output of the pet. just need it to hold aggro and not die quickly. At level 75 my crappy little pet hits for 120 , when it doesnt miss which it does 50 to 80 percent of the time because it is 5 levels lower than me, against mobs that are hitting 500 to 800 a pop.

ask for something usefull. like a slow to everything that does not give you the message "your spell was partually sucessfull" Or a pet that does more damage than one of our dots OR can tank.
  18. Xnao Augur

During a kiting lesson burn you must make choices. Use the 3 minute snare and instead of recasting it, snare another mob. Or recast it.

Spell snare, 5 dots, and pull a new mob is better xp than aa snare, 4 dots, recast then pull a new mob.

Spell snare also does not have an obscene reuse like aa snare, is extended by a type 3 aug and is more effective.

Mana is no issue in current content, which is where this spell is used. Your level 75 woes come from playstyle. Pet tanking is not easily done by necros until level 90. Chances of devs revamping level 75 pets are very small.
  19. Xnao Augur

Again with the lack of necro spells.

:(
  20. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

its not easy being green =(